Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

August Lotto Winner is 90+_Irishman!

Comments

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cbuck said:
    Congratulations Brett! Will get something out next Saturday! Happy Anniversary! Kandi and I celebrate 43 on September 13th! When you get the right one you’re lucky! @90+_Irishman
    Thanks Charlie really appreciate that and you are 100% correct very lucky and know I’ve got the right one for me. Congrats on 43 that’s an amazing accomplishment! No rush and thanks a bunch :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will arrive this Friday.
    usps 9505512459638247145067

;)
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the reason for posting tracking numbers, or even to say 'I shipped today'?

...just curious.  Is it relevant to Brett?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Don't make me come over there, Larry!

At least Allan posted a cute gif.  The rest of it's just a waste of time and bandwidth, and I want to know why.  Who started this nonsense?
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    peter4jc said:
    What's the reason for posting tracking numbers, or even to say 'I shipped today'?

peter4jc said:
    At least Allan posted a cute gif.  The rest of it's just a waste of time and bandwidth.

Most of this site, and according to my Wife smoking cigars too, could all be considered a waste of time.  I think it was writ down somewhere to post tracking numbers for some trades, passes, gang wars, etc. and we all just got in the habit.

I like seeing the tracking number posts, it reminds me that I need to ante up.  Not sure if @Echambers uses them to qualify participation in the next month's lottery or if he just checks the posts from the winners showing the receipt of the cigars.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    I think it’s mostly habit as well as good form and allows Eric to keep track of who shipped. Fine by me either way as I really don’t care and am fine either way. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Eric told me he uses the winner's photos.

And yes, I see the irony of wasting time and bandwidth to complain about wasting time and bandwidth.  But it's still lame.  
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Lol well we are all allowed to b itch about anything we want so carry on my friend, I know I’ve done my fair share too so again it’s all good. 
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,234 ✭✭✭✭✭
    posting photos uses a lot more bandwidth than posting a tracking #, lol, and you're right, Peter, this discussion....
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When Peter wins, I’m not posting tracking numbers.

Habit, plus it gets posted in at least half the contests. 
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,234 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol, you need to order some more cigars and drink more coffee, that always perks me up. BTW, pleasantly surprised by the COTM Tanzanian, but have to turn the timer down on my grinder, it is strong.
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Yeah, the bandwidth wastage is not relevant these days... but it's a genuine waste of time for Julian to take/upload a photo of his USPS receipt.  
    Hey now....How did I get drug into this? Just for that, I'm going to post only half the numbers.

( My plan to get into Peters subconscious is starting to working... :* )
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:

Posting tracking numbers has been the standard since before I joined the forum and Is  designed to keep people accountable. I know some of you have been around enough to remember when it seemed at least once  month someone would screw someone over in a bet, contest, pass, or trade. The forum, by and large, takes people at their word -- if you say you sent something and I say I didn't get it, then the forum will assume that both of us are telling the truth. We've had some repeat offenders over the years so it just became standard that everyone posts a tracking number when they send something (unless it is a bomb and you want it to be a surprise). If you get bored you can search for @rain and @newboots.   The latter held onto one pass for three months or so (after claiming at one point that he had sent it earlier, I recall) and most people believe he stole another pass meant for Cigars for Soldiers -- when asked to post tracking numbers, of course, he wasn't able too...

So while posting a tracking number, while not 100%, does tend to keep people honest. Or at least verifiable.

And know that this rule isn't the same as saying "I don't trust you."  it's really just a common courtesy to those you are trading with, pay contest winning to, and so forth.

And yes, for this game, I use it to keep track of who has sent.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    But I never posted a tracking no. before today, and you never asked if I sent something.  I thought you said you watch for photos once things landed.

It's always a good idea to be courteous, but doubt that any lottery winners are watching a thread like this to see who has sent and who hasn't; they're just watching their mailbox get blown up and posting pics of the carnage.  I'm not objecting to those who want to post tracking no's... people get to do what they want... it just seemed like a meaningless task being pushed onto people for no good reason, other than (as I find out now) you apparently use it to keep track.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boxed up, Brett, and ready to fly:  9405809699938758540695
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    Hahahahahahahahaha
  • Options
    Now that's how you burn up some bandwidth the right way......