Home General Discussion

How do you fight the urge?

Has there ever been a box of cigars you want (or several) and you know you shouldn't buy them, but you're seriously considering doing it? How do you fight that urge to buy the cigars? 

Comments

• Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking of buying them... 50th anniversary vintage 1984, 1988, 1992, 1997, 2000 macanudos and they come in a SWEET humidor!
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best gif I've seen lately. Where is the 'fvck yeah!' button?
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.  Almost every deal, no matter how good, will always come around again.
    1a.  Depends on the reason why you shouldn't buy.

2.  What's wrong with the cigars you already have?
    2a.  Smoke what you have.
    2c.  If you don't want to smoke what you have, give them to CFW or bomb them out.

3.  Macanudos suck.  (just kidding) (kinda, kinda not)

So why do you feel you shouldn't buy what you want?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    edited November 2018
    I've got about 20 cigars... I'm trying to accumulate... There is nothing wrong with them, but I like some variety rather than smoking the same thing every day.

Why I feel I shouldn't buy them is because I only get paid once a month. It'd mess up the budget, and my fiance would probably kill me for spending money on cigars.. she thinks it's stupid to spend $10+ on cigars
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually I am a little more budget conscience  but I do remember buying a @Bigshizza sampler while unemployed and not sure how the electric bill was going to be paid. 
    A little dirt never hurt
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just do it. They can't kill your electricity in the winter if you miss a payment. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @0patience

Nails, Hair etc. $10? 

That shiiit cost about the same as a box of Cohiba's were I live.

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

Even the goalies went at it in this fight.  It was epic!
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Peter. I just used your system to avoid saving 50% on a box of Camacho Barrel Aged, never had one but the reviews were good, but never had one, but the price was good....
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    1.  Almost every deal, no matter how good, will always come around again.
    1a.  Depends on the reason why you shouldn't buy.

2.  What's wrong with the cigars you already have?
    2a.  Smoke what you have.
    2c.  If you don't want to smoke what you have, give them to CFW or bomb them out.

3.  Macanudos suck.  (just kidding) (kinda, kinda not)

So why do you feel you shouldn't buy what you want?
    What happened to 2b. ?   :#
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't have any extra money......Stop looking for deals and cigars in general.
    If you do have the extra money.....Look for the deals, buy what you want and enjoy.

I like to torture myself by loading up the cart, stare at the total, then log off the site without checking out.

I've been doing good, I've only bought 10 sticks in the last two months.
    Thanks, Peter. I just used your system to avoid saving 50% on a box of Camacho Barrel Aged, never had one but the reviews were good, but never had one, but the price was good....
    They are bad you did yourself a service.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    I don't either, I buy until Colleen makes me sell stuff and then I buy more.
    MOW badge received.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got about 20 cigars... I'm trying to accumulate... There is nothing wrong with them, but I like some variety rather than smoking the same thing every day.

Why I feel I shouldn't buy them is because I only get paid once a month. It'd mess up the budget, and my fiance would probably kill me for spending money on cigars.. she thinks it's stupid to spend $10+ on cigars
    They all do!
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has there ever been a box of cigars you want (or several) and you know you shouldn't buy them, but you're seriously considering doing it? How do you fight that urge to buy the cigars? 
    Get a second job.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

webmost said:
    Get a second job.
    I honestly don't have time for a second job. My work hours are very sporadic, and many weeks I work 15-16 hours a day.
    Rhamlin said:

They all do!
    Oh boy... She's really going to hate it when I tell her my plans to build a walk-in humidor when we get a house.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You and Ricky should compare notes, have you seen his cigar lounge?
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )