Home General Discussion
Options

How do you fight the urge?

2»

Comments

• Options
    TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I've got about 20 cigars... I'm trying to accumulate... There is nothing wrong with them, but I like some variety rather than smoking the same thing every day.

Why I feel I shouldn't buy them is because I only get paid once a month. It'd mess up the budget, and my fiance would probably kill me for spending money on cigars.. she thinks it's stupid to spend $10+ on cigars
    @Thanatos0320
      HAHAHA... <-- That summs it up right there.  Take it from me,  its justifiable. What does she buy... shoes, bags, nails, hair, makeup, fall wardrobe , and don't get me started on the wedding.....I could go on and on to back your argument just saying.
  • Options
    Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    Trish said:
    I've got about 20 cigars... I'm trying to accumulate... There is nothing wrong with them, but I like some variety rather than smoking the same thing every day.

Why I feel I shouldn't buy them is because I only get paid once a month. It'd mess up the budget, and my fiance would probably kill me for spending money on cigars.. she thinks it's stupid to spend $10+ on cigars
    @Thanatos0320
      HAHAHA... <-- That summs it up right there.  Take it from me,  its justifiable. What does she buy... shoes, bags, nails, hair, makeup, fall wardrobe , and don't get me started on the wedding.....I could go on and on to back your argument just saying.
    Definitely shoes, clothes, and makeup. Fortunately, for me, she doesn't want a big wedding, and we're getting married in her town in Greece where a nice wedding is about $10k.  Because she's the bride, her parents have to pay for the entire thing. 
  • Options
    VallacVallac Posts: 9
    Has there ever been a box of cigars you want (or several) and you know you shouldn't buy them, but you're seriously considering doing it? How do you fight that urge to buy the cigars? 
    If I want to buy them, I just buy them otherwise If I need convincing not to buy them, I'll just ask my wife :smiley:

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We bought a house and got married for 70.00$, just saying.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    HawkeyeHawkeye Posts: 246 ✭✭✭✭
    Thankfully I manage all of the finances for my household so I never have to catch any flak for buying cigars... but if multiple boxes show up in the same week it does raise questions.

If I subscribed to the "if you want it, buy it" philosophy, I would be broke.
    Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Fight       the      urge.   

Hmmm?  

Weird!  

Dunno!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My fiancé encourages me when I shop online for cigars. When she sees a price per cigar that is less than the Cubans in Istanbul, she says “wow, that looks like a great deal”. I believe I have a keeper. 🤓
    Mine to... Doesn't even mind me smoking in the house. We are lucky men.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife doesn't say much, however we both work on the budget weekly so it sort of dictates what I spend. If I ain't got it, I can't spend it. Fighting the urge, just don't look. The more you look, the more you have to buy it. Just saying
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea........
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot to mention. VIP members price is less than $92 a box.

That's less than $5 a stix where I come from. This cigar is in the top 10 this year IMO.

Don't hesitate. Buy today before they are all gone!!!

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    There are also some great Holiday deals going on for the wicked weed. When I say wicked weed I mean the shiiit I smoke most of the time.

Look you seegar whores. The Holidays are upon us. Go buy the wife a gift card at Sophora, a spa package anything to make her happy. Tell her you want nothing. Instead go buy yourself something you will enjoy. A great cigar.

Don't settle for something you will never use or throw in the closet. Think back about all the crap you have got for XMas etc.. Now ask yourself this. Was it better than the last cigar you smoked?

Think hard.

Now charge, charge, charge.

Here to help!!

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not encumbered with such urges. My wallet is a great deterrence.
  • Options
    peter4jc said:
    ^^^are you sure you're not a guy?  You think like a guy, but your avatar and fingernails, they confuse me.
    @peter4jc I am positive about that lol. Maybe I'm just a guy's girl... we're a dying breed. 😉
  • Options
    dbeckom said:
    Diver43 said:
    Wait a minute. Your not married yet and your catching flak about cigars?
    Just sayin.....
    Guess I am blessed, mine puchases some for me and joins me now and then
    My fiancé encourages me when I shop online for cigars. When she sees a price per cigar that is less than the Cubans in Istanbul, she says “wow, that looks like a great deal”. I believe I have a keeper. 🤓
    @dbeckom she must be,  she went from girlfriend to fiance status. Congrats on the level up 😁