George H.W. Bush RIP

0patience0patience Oregon CoastPosts: 7,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
Like him or dislike him, he was president and stood his ground. 
You have to at least respect that.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/01/politics/george-h-w-bush-dead/index.html

There is no crisis that a good cigar can't cure.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭✭
    He loved his country.  RIP.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat West TNPosts: 4,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
     :'( 
    "The change in culture has a lot to do with the eclipse of integrity and honesty and decency, and the normalization of corruption, deceit, and mendacity.  It's all about manipulating your political opponents to diminish them and show that they have nothing to say or contribute.  People no longer have dialogue. It's all monologue."  - - Cornell West
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Where Bigfoots live, in the woodsPosts: 1,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great VP, and Good President, more moderate than my taste in Presidents, but he was a great American. RIP
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior N.C. MountainsPosts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A man with honor.
    The Native Peoples of the Americas gave tobacco to the world.
  • MartelMartel Somewhere in PAPosts: 3,150 ✭✭✭✭
    He was a good dude.  And a boring president (that's high praise by me!)

Will he be the best one term president?  I doubt it, at least until he gets a song like James K. Polk.  But he's up there.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful; tribute by Bob Dole... and football players won't stand for the anthem.
  • GlassjoeGlassjoe Baton Rouge,LaPosts: 25
    George W. broke down while he was talking. very sad ,but so touching to hear an honest emotion from a politician.
    'I think,' said Christopher Robin, 'that we ought to eat all our Provisions now, so that we shan't have so much to carry.'