Home Non Cigar Related
Options

George H.W. Bush RIP

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
Like him or dislike him, he was president and stood his ground. 
You have to at least respect that.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/01/politics/george-h-w-bush-dead/index.html

In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He loved his country.  RIP.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
     :'( 
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great VP, and Good President, more moderate than my taste in Presidents, but he was a great American. RIP
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A man with honor.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    He was a good dude.  And a boring president (that's high praise by me!)

Will he be the best one term president?  I doubt it, at least until he gets a song like James K. Polk.  But he's up there.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful; tribute by Bob Dole... and football players won't stand for the anthem.
  • Options
    GlassjoeGlassjoe Posts: 25
    George W. broke down while he was talking. very sad ,but so touching to hear an honest emotion from a politician.
    'I think,' said Christopher Robin, 'that we ought to eat all our Provisions now, so that we shan't have so much to carry.'