Home Non Cigar Related

Taking A Leave of Absence

peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
Some of you know a little bit about what's going on, but now everyone will.

I've been seeing a caardiologist because of fatigue and chest pain when I exert myself too hard like pushing my lawn mower.  She put me through a stress test and an echocardiogram in early November that showed some abnormalities.  That brought me to this morning, undergoing an angiogram to have a look-see at my coronary arteries.  The doc doing the angiogram said I couldn't go home but needed to take an ambulance ride to a hospital that does heart surgery.  Tomorrow, bright and early they're doing bypass surgery on 4 arteries and replacing the aortic valve.

2-3 days in ICU, 2-3 days in a regular room and I can go home.  No lifting more than 10# for a couple weeks and no driving for 8 weeks.

It kinda sucks.  But in 8-12 weeks I'll be a lot better off than I am now, and have a nice scar to show the grandkids.  And if things go very wrong and I wake up in heaven I don't think I'll be doing any complaining.  So it's all good.

I appreciate your concern and will update this thread in a couple days.

Cheers!

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

Comments

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praying for you Peter. Hopefully it’ll get better for you after the surgery 
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be praying for you, Peter.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this, Peter, but also glad. Glad it was found while it can still have something done about it.  Your chances for a long life will most likely improve and bypass surgery techniques and skills continue to improve. 

A lot of us have had bypass surgery - mine was in 1994 and my child bride’s in 1995 - and are still around enjoying life. 

Naturally, our prayers will all continue on your behalf and we’ll look forward to hearing from you again when you’re able. 

God bless.....  
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Damnnn

This make me :'(

Well the good news is they caught it early before anything major happened. Good luck Peter I am sure everything will go just fine. I will be praying for you buddy.

My Sis is praying for you as well. She still remembers u.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let us know if there's anything you need. Be it a person to talk to, heart healthy recipes, or a way to kill time via book or television. We're all here for you. 
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn Peter. Sorry to hear this....wishing you the best & will be thinking of you!  Hope all goes well and you have a speedy recovery 🤞

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't often go the route of prayer but I'll send one out for you, Peter. 
    And I hope you have some cute nurses!
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts and prayers are with you , Peter. 

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One hell of a 5000th post, damn! I wish you the best Peter and sending prayers your way.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praying for you @peter4jc, as sad as it is you are going through this, but happy they found in time to do something. Get well soon.
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peter, so glad you got proactive and had that checked out. Could have been much worse. Sorry you have to have surgery and be out of commission for a while. Prayers and thoughts go with you for a speedy recovery my friend!!
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peter I’m glad it was identified and wish you a quick recovery. You will be in our prayers. 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so glad your Dr caught this and you have the chance to fix it! I'll be praying for you and your family. 
  • Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers! 🙏
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope it all goes well.
    Get better. 
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peter, Best wishes to you. You are in our prayers.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praying for you Peter
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praying for you brother. 
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best of luck and I'm glad you had the tests done.  Don't get them mad at you by firing up a stogie in the Recovery Room!
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay strong Peter. 
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    best wishes for a speedy recovery. Stay cool and know you are loved.

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    <3
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sending prayers your way buddy. 
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Contrary to what every ones been saying...... You actually do have a heart after all.  :)

I'm not normally a praying man, but I will put one out there for you. 
    Best wishes on a speedy recovery too.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well they don't fool around do they? See it and send you off for the fix. Do what they tell you and get home soon. Thoughts are with you.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    May your insurance cover all
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take care Peter and keep us posted! Sending prayers to you my friend
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So that's why you have been so grouchy, you needed a carburetor rebuild!  Best of luck, from the bottom of my heart. 
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
     <3  Love you Peter
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praying for you Peter. Get well soon!