Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Taking A Leave of Absence

2»

Comments

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praying for you @peter4jc. Get well friend. 
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praying for you Peter. My daughter is a nurse working in a cardio surgery unit. Says piece of cake for your procedure in today’s wonderful world of medicine. Just keep positive and we’ll hear from you very soon.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man I am so sorry to hear this news brother. I’ll be keeping you in my prayers. 
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers for you, @peter4jc
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay strong ,  curmundgery may still be in your future,  best of luck with your choice of surgeons,  love you brother.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...anyone know where Peter stores his cigars and coffee...he is gonna be in hospital for a few more days...he doesn't have a dog I don't think....
  • Options
    TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoping for a speedy recovery. Peter 2.0... watch out!!!  😁
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking meaner and faster.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update:  the "old fart" junior is recovering well in the hospital, and is due to be released on Tuesday.
    Released? Or getting kicked out because they are tired of him? 
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breaking news

First photo of the new Peter just came in. This is him signing Karaoke at the Hospital Recreational Center

Peter's nip slip coming out pict
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PrAyers for you Peter!!! Hope all went well and you are on your road to a successful recovery!   

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Some of you know a littlem bit about what's going on, but now everyone will.

I've been seeing a caardiologist because of fatigue and chest pain when I exert myself too hard like pushing my lawn mower.  She put me through a stress test and an echocardiogram in early November that showed some abnormalities.  That brought me to this morning, undergoing an angiogram to have a look-see at my coronary arteries.  The doc doing the angiogram said I couldn't go home but needed to take an ambulance ride to a hospital that does heart surgery.  Tomorrow, bright and early they're doing bypass surgery on 4 arteries and replacing the aortic valve.

2-3 days in ICU, 2-3 days in a regular room and I can go home.  No lifting more than 10# for a couple weeks and no driving for 8 weeks.

It kinda sucks.  But in 8-12 weeks I'll be a lot better off than I am now, and have a nice scar to show the grandkids.  And if things go very wrong and I wake up in heaven I don't think I'll be doing any complaining.  So it's all good.

I appreciate your concern and will update this thread in a couple days.

Cheers!

Leave denied....get back to work.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My understanding is that when he took the mic at Karaoke the first song he sang was Madonna's "Like a Virgin"

2 days later he sang Poe's "I'm not a Virgin anymore"

Seems like some kind of message to me.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My understanding is that when he took the mic at Karaoke the first song he sang was Madonna's "Like a Virgin"

2 days later he sang Poe's "I'm not a Virgin anymore"

Seems like some kind of message to me.
    Oh!  I thought it was Weird Al's "Like a Surgeon".  My bad.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best to you for a quick recovery you’ll do great!!