Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Gillette, the worst an ad can get?

Comments

• Options
    HawkeyeHawkeye Posts: 246 ✭✭✭✭
    That is a funny commercial.  Here is another one I enjoyed.

https://youtu.be/JAgpNdbnHLw
    Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I watched the Ad again and I guess it’s true some men these days are losing more and more testosterone Lol
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skydiverD said:
    Honestly, now that I have watched that Gillette ad several times and had sometime to digest it, the more I resent it.  It does more than just subtly hint that most men are bad, it is actually quite flagrant about it.  I'm not normally a boycotter, but I would make an exception in this case, if I was using Gillette, I would stop.  Who the F do they think they are?  They can take their man hating opinions and shove them where the sun doesn't shine.....  That's my Toxic Masculinity talking.  Well what they would call it anyhow...... I call it self respect.
    Agreed. 
    At first, it didn't bother me. 
    But then the more I watched it, the more I couldn't help but start to be bothered by it.
    Then those people that say, if you are bothered by it, then maybe you are doing something wrong.
    Yeah, I don't think so.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the Jingle Bell guys in their boxers be back next Christmas?
  • Options
    GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hawkeye said:

"Effing, pigs! Don't Look! Wait, do I look hot though....?"
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And there it is.  This has baffled me for awhile now.  Women spend countless hours and dollars with the intent of making themselves attractive.  That's Attract- ive.  To attract.  The presumed intent is that one attracts attention, stimulates desire in others.  Am I wrong?  This takes place throughout all life forms.  

So then why are they suddenly "offended" when people look?  "My eyes are up here, Buster!"  Yes, but your cleavage is on display down there, not to mention your spray-on mini-skirt.  And you keep bending over.  It's giving me a hard attack.  

Then they wonder why men say things like "Biotches be crazy".  It's a mystery.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    They just lost a customer.

Definitely. Back in the day when I shaved, I bought about 25,000 safety razor blades and a razor, used that for many years instead of those disposable bladed razors with 276 blades that cost a fortune. I still have a sizeable number left, too. Must be going on 10 years now and I haven't bought a single razor blade. :)
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So then why are they suddenly "offended" when people look?  "My eyes are up here, Buster!" 
    I have 5 sisters and the best I can tell is that women often compete with each other, so they're not always dressing up and smearing stuff all over their faces just for us men...although some do, of course.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention the women who play for the other team...
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I prefer the women who pinch hit for both teams who also look good.  Oh wait I'm not allowed to say that, guess I'm an a sshole pig.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    New female/lady/person employee. All guys. Millions of wires, connections, hi and low. You had to know where every wire went and how it was connected. At the end of the 1st day she asked if she could partner up with me for training, don't know why. We went for a beer to talk (she paid, building up them creds) and the last thing we talked about was dressing for the job. She took everything I said to heart. She turned out to be one of the best technicians in that crew. Years later, both top pay, we ended up in the same "center", Somehow we got paired up and we had the highest productivity in the center and we were pretty much left alone.
    I really don't know if that could happen today. Safe spaces, snowflakes, weenies. You can't say this or that, promoting over a more qualified person. HR stupidity forcing you to acknowledge differences instead of treating everyone the same regardless of differences.
    Well, robots of one type or another are taking over one way or another, so does it even matter? Algorithms control everything and eyes or hands on is more and more out the window. Are there windows?
    The female/lady/person and I got together over beer one night and we figured out what day after "computing" time of service, age and all that good stuff, we would get the highest possible payout, and we were gone. Did not talk about it to anyone, came in worked our shift and handed our IDs in. Never looked back.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

Different rules for different fools.

(What I mean is, watch out for the double standard. You can call men stupid, sexist, whatever and get away with it. But don't even whisper to yourself that women are *****, ****, or anything negative whatsoever. And be careful with any compliments lest they be used against you.)

https://youtu.be/l9vkTeAfWjA
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    Pathetic fing liberals. They better hurry, time is running out.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    The spin is in and it all depends on who's doing the spinning. Some reports are saying that the only reason Gillette is losing money the popularity of beards. LOL 

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019/08/01/gillette-shaving-8-billion-razors/

• Options
    Not everything is spin. Gillette, the previous best seller, started tanking 24 hours after they ran the add. 
  • Options
    jd50ae said:
    Not everything is spin. Gillette, the previous best seller, started tanking 24 hours after they ran the add. 

Really? No Sh!tz? 24 hours and pewww down down down?

I here and now declare the following as indisputable fact. The one and only reason Gillette lost 8.3 billion in value is the backlash boycott reaction to the toxic masculinity ads, and anybody who says there may be any other contributing causes (especially beards) is a lowdown dirty liar.  

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used what I had on hand after those ads but haven't bought a blade from them since. What kind of idiots take shots at their base like that.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I guess they overestimated the Metrosexual market.  "C'mon, those guys shave everything!"
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    I guess they overestimated the Metrosexual market.  "C'mon, those guys shave everything!"
    And they seriously underestimated I got my own male customers. I donated everything Gillette to the local NOW group.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gal I’m dating is a teacher and a liberal. But she says the girls are the worst bullies. Just plain mean to each other. 
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Rhamlin said:
    The gal I’m dating is a teacher and a liberal. 
    I will pray for you...
    Me, too.....  🙏
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin said:
    The gal I’m dating is a teacher and a liberal. But she says the girls are the worst bullies. Just plain mean to each other. 
    £uck those liberals.....oh,  I get it
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
  • Options
    edited August 2019