Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

One Year Anniversary Shenanigans Contest

CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just received my one year anniversary badge on this website, and I'm going to continue what seems to be a tradition of holding a contest in celebration, but I'm going to do it a bit differently. In order to enter, tell me who your favorite author is (since I may as well get some information out of this.) If you don't have one, just ask someone else who you should say.

I'm going to throw everyone's name into a bag and pick one out. Whoever wins will get privately messaged, and they will throw someone under the bus who they want bombed. That info will stay between me and the winner, so that no one besides us will ever know who won. I'll announce who is getting bombed but I will not reveal who decided that they should receive it. I'll leave this open until Sunday 3/24 at 11:59 Eastern Time.

The goal of this is to have the do-gooder remain a mystery forever, so if it comes out that the contest winner confessed that they ordered the hit, they themselves will get bombed with swishers and glitter while getting publicly shamed by me. 

So many of you all gifted me with cigars when I first joined, I was overwhelmed by it. No one got anything out of it aside from some hot sauce or books I thought they'd like. I'm doing the contest this way to keep that altruism going. No one is playing for themselves, but I'm sure everyone can think of someone else who could use a kick in the mailbox. 

Thanks for welcoming me so completely everyone. Here's to a great year two.

Comments

• bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! I vote @skydiverD
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea for a contest.
    Thomas Ruggles Pynchon Jr.
  • CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble said:
    In order to enter, tell me who your favorite author is (since I may as well get some information out of this.) 
    You a cop?
    This question makes me a little scared to learn who your favorite author is. 
    bert873 said:
    Congrats! I vote @skydiverD

Lol. I read it. Doesn’t mean I won’t just throw him under the bus anyways. 
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Clancy.
    You have been a great member of this forum Calvin, proud to call you my botl. Great idea for a contest!
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
    peter4jc said:
    @First_Warrior is my favorite author.
    I will second this. Currently reading his book now
  • firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joseph Heller
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats and cool contest. Louis L’amour
  • GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats and glad you're here.  Author:  Daniel Silva
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terry Goodkind (The Sword of Truth Series) is my favorite author.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Jeff Lindsay

Great idea for a contest.Can't believe it's only been a year

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Virgil
    A little dirt never hurt
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations!
    Philippa Gregory
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    C J Box and thanks for the kind words guys.
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arthur Conan Doyle. Congratulations!
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    Virgil

Trahit sua quemque voluptas.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patrick Rothfuss. Not just his writing, but I watch him interact with fans, or participate in blogs and he seems to have a real genuinely nice personality.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • CigarsonistCigarsonist Posts: 267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kurt Vonnegut
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool contest Calvin 

James Rollins
  • Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although not a lot of writings, Napoleon Hill.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read nerd stuff with multiple contributing authors, such as insurance documents, new historical findings, factual research papers, etc.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dan Brown
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • GrawlsGrawls Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Calvin 

Al Lindner 
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Grawls the fishing guy Al Linder?
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White