Robo Calls and Spam

jd50aejd50ae West Gnawed Pencil, TNPosts: 7,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 3 in Non Cigar Related
Robo Calls.
OK. So Verizon and one or two carriers are now giving lip service to do something about it.
The carriers could stop all of it over night if they really wanted to.
So, it is just words.

Spam.
Email services could stop it overnight if they wanted to.
But I honestly believe at least one particular service is in cahoots with the jerks doing it.
The so called blockers they provide are a joke.
They know where the garbage originates and do nothing.
Bill Whittle "Look It Up"

Comments

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 TexasPosts: 1,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get a bunch of those damn calls everyday, its just ridiculous!
  • jd50aejd50ae West Gnawed Pencil, TNPosts: 7,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • jd50aejd50ae West Gnawed Pencil, TNPosts: 7,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 4
    I started getting spam with the word "PayPal" in the return address 2 and 3 times. Was getting up to 5 a day. No matter how I blocked them they got through.
    Complained to PayPal and the response was "can't o anything about it". Let me see if I understand, someone is using "PayPal", your business name, and you can't/won't do anything about it?
    I threatened to forward all correspondence to what ever agency I could find, anywhere. The fing emails stopped. I don't know if it was the implied threat or they just removed their heads from the dark space. Or, dare I say, they were the ones sending them.
  • RhamlinRhamlin WVPosts: 6,898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drives me nuts!
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior N.C. MountainsPosts: 1,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We get our share of robo calls. I have found that if I pick up the phone and don't say anything the auto robot usually disconnects. People we know will usually id themselves.  I think the bot is programed to respond to a voice. Sure wish I could send a bolt of electricity through the line and fry the bot.
    The Native Peoples of the Americas gave tobacco to the world.
  • YaksterYakster La Zona State of Mind when I haven't forgotten the coffee filtersPosts: 7,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do the same, answer, mute, put it on speaker, then hang up. I'd rather answer than have to go in an delete Robo voice mails later.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today.

Join me on the Android vHerf (from link in Evernote on Android) or iOS vHerf Link -Chris