Real or Fake

Significant3Significant3 Peoria AZPosts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hello CCOM nation. I need our CC experts ( @miller65rod )  to loot at these pics to help me decide if this is authentic or counterfeit. This guy at my work, who seems to have some kind of man crush on me, gave me this Behike for no apparent reason other than he know I smoke cigars. From the pics I’ve seen on the CA website it looks legit, but I’m no expert. What do you think?

Comments

• miller65rodmiller65rod MidwestPosts: 4,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 10
    The band looks legit. 

The Triple cap is the only real blemish that stands out. Usually it much more smoother and well rounded, blending in with the wrapper instead of sticking out like a sore thumb.

The only concern with the band is the squares look to be touching the gold portion on the top and bottom. They should be spaced evenly and not touching. Pictures though can be misleading.

Hard to tell from the pics but I will say by the band likely legit. If not that is one great faked band.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)

• Significant3Significant3 Peoria AZPosts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Rodney! I appreciate your insight. Now, I suppose I just need to smoke it and decide it it is a good cigar. If it’s good, even if it is fake, I’ll just believe it to be real and be happy. 🙃
    Most fakes will not have the reflective portion in the Holograms which I can see.

But they are getting way better at faking these bands. Also it could be a real band put on a fake cigar. 

Hard to tell. 

Smoke it and see. Them puppies ain't cheap anymore. 

Behike is one of the most faked in the world. Best answer for anyone buying these is to be sure it's from a trusted source. If the price is way below market then walk away. 2010 releases are going for well over $1500+ on auction sites.

In this case with it being a gift. Smoke it and see. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)

• BKDogBKDog NE PAPosts: 684 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely 100% REAL...

MANCRUSH. :D

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken already sucked before joining forum,.....just sayin'.Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, keep us posted on your "not so secret admirer".  :D
  • Significant3Significant3 Peoria AZPosts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    K, I’ll keep everyone posted on my admirer since that might be more interesting than the cigar. Maybe I should have titled the thread “Man-crush” instead. 🥰
  • webmostwebmost Dull-AwarePosts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Real fake

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• HaysHays Costa del Sol, SpainPosts: 2,338 ✭✭✭
    As others have said, the band looks legitimate, but the construction seems way off - these are always impeccably made. Who knows in what condition it was kept before it made its way to you, though - could've gotten beaten up in transit.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Milwaukee, WIPosts: 5,954 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey!  I remember you!  @Hays

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    edited May 13
    Thx Tony

I know have a black eye and a sore neck.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)

• webmostwebmost Dull-AwarePosts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to know the diff. I'll keep an eye out for them.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• dirtdudedirtdude AZPosts: 4,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still not convinced.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • YaksterYakster La Zona State of Mind when I haven't forgotten the coffee filtersPosts: 8,071 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need to examine more evidence.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today.

Join me on the Android vHerf (from link in Evernote on Android) or iOS vHerf Link -Chris