Home Cigar 101

Real or Fake

Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hello CCOM nation. I need our CC experts ( @miller65rod )  to loot at these pics to help me decide if this is authentic or counterfeit. This guy at my work, who seems to have some kind of man crush on me, gave me this Behike for no apparent reason other than he know I smoke cigars. From the pics I’ve seen on the CA website it looks legit, but I’m no expert. What do you think?

Comments

• miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    The band looks legit. 

The Triple cap is the only real blemish that stands out. Usually it much more smoother and well rounded, blending in with the wrapper instead of sticking out like a sore thumb.

The only concern with the band is the squares look to be touching the gold portion on the top and bottom. They should be spaced evenly and not touching. Pictures though can be misleading.

Hard to tell from the pics but I will say by the band likely legit. If not that is one great faked band.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Rodney! I appreciate your insight. Now, I suppose I just need to smoke it and decide it it is a good cigar. If it’s good, even if it is fake, I’ll just believe it to be real and be happy. 🙃
    Most fakes will not have the reflective portion in the Holograms which I can see.

But they are getting way better at faking these bands. Also it could be a real band put on a fake cigar. 

Hard to tell. 

Smoke it and see. Them puppies ain't cheap anymore. 

Behike is one of the most faked in the world. Best answer for anyone buying these is to be sure it's from a trusted source. If the price is way below market then walk away. 2010 releases are going for well over $1500+ on auction sites.

In this case with it being a gift. Smoke it and see. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely 100% REAL...

MANCRUSH. :D

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, keep us posted on your "not so secret admirer".  :D
  • Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    K, I’ll keep everyone posted on my admirer since that might be more interesting than the cigar. Maybe I should have titled the thread “Man-crush” instead. 🥰
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Real fake

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    As others have said, the band looks legitimate, but the construction seems way off - these are always impeccably made. Who knows in what condition it was kept before it made its way to you, though - could've gotten beaten up in transit.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey!  I remember you!  @Hays

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    edited May 2019
    Thx Tony

I know have a black eye and a sore neck.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to know the diff. I'll keep an eye out for them.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still not convinced.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need to examine more evidence.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • CigarkingCigarking Posts: 1
    Sorry to break the bad news friend, this one is a fake. You can tell by construction and even the band. I say that the band is also fake by the interference of the head with the checkered pattern, that creates a great way of confirming the authenticity of this cigar
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • HeavysetrapierHeavysetrapier Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The white of the squares should not be touching the outer gold bands.
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Some of the wrappers of these may be a little loose, but I'd bet the mouth feel would be great, even if they were fake.

https://youtu.be/PUk9mAKCtvM

So hard to tell with the giant bands covering up way too much.  Would have to see them sans bands.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

This was given to me by my son, a friend of his brought it back from Cuba a couple years back and he's been hanging on to it.  I smoked it, it was OK.  Probably not kept under the most pristine conditions, to say the least.  

I'm curious what our experts here have to say.  I don't see any hologram, but am unsure of the age.  To me there appears to be excessive space, Hab ana.  And, the thing just didn't look well enough finished to me, a little rough, y'know?  All in all, though, it was a pretty good smoke, burned well, tasted good.  No odor of burning fingernails or toe jam or anything.

Just wonder what y'all think?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • HeavysetrapierHeavysetrapier Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am by no means an expert, but I don't think it's real. The band should have holograms on the top and bottom, the yellow shouldn't go into the gold box where it says "Cohiba", the Taino head should have a hologram, it's hard to tell from these pictures but it looks like the white squares are cut off on the bottom on either side of the gold box (there should be 9 full white squares that are not cut off at the top or bottom. Is the word Cohiba embossed? Also, I think you're right about the Habana, Cuba.
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks pretty good to me but @miller65rod is the expert. 

Next time don’t use Chris’s camera. 😂
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks.  Oh, and it's not the camera, it's all the rum the operator (me) had in him while attempting to use the camera.  I guess fake Cohibas sell well in Cuba, too.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Edward_3Edward_3 Posts: 3
    edited December 2019
    The first picture that Significant 3 posted is where you can see if it's real or fake.  The head and the words Cohiba in the hologram, will be  clearly visible.  I had several of these, while they were real Cubans, they were fake Cohibas.  The first picture hologram is the key! Some reason I can't post a photo, but I'll keep trying.
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A gift from my foreman. Real or fake? @miller65rod
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭