Home Non Cigar Related

Quote Of The Day

1282930313234»

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,168 ✭✭✭✭✭

Curmudgeon alert; those two are memes, not quotes.

entschuldigen mir bitte.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • KsqsmokingKsqsmoking Posts: 399 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    Curmudgeon alert; those two are memes, not quotes.

entschuldigen mir bitte.

Right you are. My humble apologies @peter4jc

The obstacle is the way.

• VisionVision Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I were to remain silent, I'd be guilty of complicity.
    Albert Einstein

"Its funny how when
    Im loud, people tell
    me to be quiet,
    but when Im quiet,
    people ask me whats
    wrong with me."

The Donald should apply this quote from Psalm 131:1, where we find this from King David; "O LORD, my heart is not proud, and my eyes are not haughty; And I do not involve myself in great matters, Or in matters too marvelous for me."

• CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

“The difference between stupid and intelligent people – and this is true whether or not they are well-educated – is that intelligent people can handle subtlety.” - Neal Stephenson

edited August 9

Would you say that holds true of people who live in Iowa?

Edit: that's my idea of subtlety.

• CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    Would you say that holds true of people who live in Iowa?

Never

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

"I have never seen a cigar in need of a life preserver." -- Mark Twain

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • KsqsmokingKsqsmoking Posts: 399 ✭✭✭✭✭

The obstacle is the way.

"I number it among my blessings that my father had no car, while yet most of my friends had, and sometimes took me for a drive. This meant that all these distant objects could be visited just enough to clothe them with memories and not impossible desires, while yet they remained ordinarily as inaccessible as the Moon. The deadly power of rushing about wherever I pleased had not been given me. I measured distances by the standard of man, man walking on his two feet, not by the standard of the internal combustion engine. I had not been allowed to deflower the very idea of distance; in return I possessed "infinite riches" in what would have been to motorists "a little room". The truest and most horrible claim made for modern transport is that it "annihilates space". It does. It annihilates one of the most glorious gifts we have been given. It is a vile inflation which lowers the value of distance, so that a modern boy travels a hundred miles with less sense of liberation and pilgrimage and adventure than his grandfather got from travelling ten. Of course if a man hates space and wants it to be annihilated, that is another matter. Why not creep into his coffin at once? There is little enough space there."
    -C. S. Lewis

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

Success is a lousy teacher.
    --Bill Gates

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

“A question ain’t really a question if you know the answer too.” – John Prine

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13

"I can fix it. My brother's got a bitc-hin set of tools."

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.