Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Quote Of The Day

Comments

• Options
    MrPossumMrPossum Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can die standing, or you can die laying down, i don't give a **** which one it is, as long as your rifle is facing forward and firing.

-SSGT Taylor 1/87 INF

• Options
    OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered."
    G.K. Chesterton

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18

“He tells me how much it is and I give him the money back,...I don’t do my friends like that. So if you tell me it’s a G then you gon get a thousand dollars.”

Fani Willis, Fulton County Atlanta District Attorney, testified under oath why there were no receipts for cash reimbursements she claims to have made to her employee/boyfriend.

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:
    “He tells me how much it is and I give him the money back,...I don’t do my friends like that. So if you tell me it’s a G then you gon get a thousand dollars.”

Fani Willis, Fulton County Atlanta District Attorney, testified under oath why there were no receipts for cash reimbursements she claims to have made to her employee/boyfriend.

Yeah, that's not how government expense report accountability works, Fani.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,266 ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah.......but would make for a better person if it was 'learn from him' rather than the elite attitude of 'learn of him', in my opinion.

• Options

Even though we've been taught to fear mold, all of cheese is mold," says Anne-Marie Pietersma, a certified cheese professional

https://www.cnet.com/home/kitchen-and-household/when-you-should-throw-out-moldy-cheese-according-to-an-expert/

• Options

"Our doubts are traitors, which make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt." Shakespeare

• Options

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

So many things to do today and so little time between cigars.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:

Not my favorite music style, but a must listen for anyone with a high quality sound system.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOT2-OTebx0

• Options

As a wannabe audiophile (more like an audiofool) I get that sentiment; it's easy to forget to just listen to the music and enjoy it.

I have a friend who is a retired art teacher and an accomplished artist. He used to teach a class at church and I remember him saying during a class in watercolor that the temptation is always to keep messing with a painting, trying to make it perfect. Sooner or later you have to stop "improving" and let it be finished. The same applies to many things, hi-fi especially.

@CalvinAndHobo see the "Songs" thread... I'll leave something there for you.

• Options

“A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something that he can understand.”

— Bertrand Russell

• Options

• Options