Should I smoke the egg?

ShawnOLShawnOL ✭✭✭✭✭Near BostonPosts: 611 ✭✭✭✭✭
My late wife bought me a Drew Estate Egg maduro a few Christmases back that I've often thought of smoking.  Its really a novelty cigar thats probably not meant to be smoked. 

Next week is her first birthday she'll not be around for and I'm thinking it may be a good occasion for it.  I've planned a little memorial party at the campgrounds where I'll be serving Cohibas and Coole Swan (her newest favorite drink).  

Anyway, should I take the opportunity to smoke the Egg or keep it in the humi  for memories sake? 

Best Answer

• ShawnOLShawnOL ✭✭✭✭✭ Near BostonPosts: 611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Well, I didn't end up smoking the egg this past week.  Between the rehearsal dinner, the memorial and the wedding I barely had time to smoke any cigars.  Hopefully I'll get to it soon.

Answers

• VegasFrankVegasFrank ✭✭✭✭✭ North Town, VegasPosts: 1,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She gave it to you to enjoy, not collect. Although keeping it provides a memory, I'm sure she'd want you to actually enjoy it.   Smoke it.
  • 0patience0patience ✭✭✭✭✭ Oregon CoastPosts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tough call. As you said, it is a novelty cigar, so what would she have wanted you to do?
    That should answer your question. 

There is no crisis that a good cigar can't cure.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • dirtdudedirtdude ✭✭✭✭✭ LaughlinPosts: 4,952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's tough bro, still fresh, I would hold it a while then put it back for next year. Sorry for your loss.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • YaksterYakster ✭✭✭✭✭ La Zona State of Mind when I haven't forgotten the coffee filtersPosts: 8,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoke the Cohiba but bring the egg as a rememberance. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today.

Join me on the vHerf or try the iOS vHerf Link for iPhones -Chris
    That's funny you say to bring it, yakster.  Brought it the last 2 summers but never smoked it.  I think I will smoke it while there, just not on cohiba day.   

If I smoke it I'll post a few pics of it along the way.

Thanks all.
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 ✭✭✭✭✭ Where Bigfoots live, in the woodsPosts: 1,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss, it is special when your wife buys you a cigar. If you smoke it you will combine your memories and emotions with a new memory of something she shared with you. If you do or don't either way is priceless.
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • KenpoKnightKenpoKnight ✭✭✭✭✭ KansasPosts: 711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good advice above and sorry for your loss.  I bought my dad one of those baseball bat cigars off of CF a little while back.  While it is a cool novelty I told him he should smoke it and enjoy it.  I left it up to him.
  • RhamlinRhamlin ✭✭✭✭✭ WVPosts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss brother. Either way I hope it brings back good memories. 
  • YankeeManYankeeMan ✭✭✭✭ Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss.  Whatever you decide enjoy and remember your wife.
    I brought it camping with me.  

Will he or won't he?   He-he.  We'll see.   ;)
  • Diver43Diver43 ✭✭✭✭✭ South FloridaPosts: 1,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss.  
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5