Home General Discussion

Should I smoke the egg?

ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
My late wife bought me a Drew Estate Egg maduro a few Christmases back that I've often thought of smoking.  Its really a novelty cigar thats probably not meant to be smoked. 

Next week is her first birthday she'll not be around for and I'm thinking it may be a good occasion for it.  I've planned a little memorial party at the campgrounds where I'll be serving Cohibas and Coole Swan (her newest favorite drink).  

Anyway, should I take the opportunity to smoke the Egg or keep it in the humi  for memories sake? 

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

Best Answers

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Well, I didn't end up smoking the egg this past week.  Between the rehearsal dinner, the memorial and the wedding I barely had time to smoke any cigars.  Hopefully I'll get to it soon.

Answer ✓

2 hours in. Almost done. Massive canoeing.

Answers

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She gave it to you to enjoy, not collect. Although keeping it provides a memory, I'm sure she'd want you to actually enjoy it.   Smoke it.
    Don't look ↑
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tough call. As you said, it is a novelty cigar, so what would she have wanted you to do?
    That should answer your question. 

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's tough bro, still fresh, I would hold it a while then put it back for next year. Sorry for your loss.
    A little dirt never hurt
    That's funny you say to bring it, yakster.  Brought it the last 2 summers but never smoked it.  I think I will smoke it while there, just not on cohiba day.   

If I smoke it I'll post a few pics of it along the way.

Thanks all.

• TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss, it is special when your wife buys you a cigar. If you smoke it you will combine your memories and emotions with a new memory of something she shared with you. If you do or don't either way is priceless.
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • KenpoKnightKenpoKnight Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good advice above and sorry for your loss.  I bought my dad one of those baseball bat cigars off of CF a little while back.  While it is a cool novelty I told him he should smoke it and enjoy it.  I left it up to him.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss brother. Either way I hope it brings back good memories. 
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss.  Whatever you decide enjoy and remember your wife.
    I brought it camping with me.  

Will he or won't he?   He-he.  We'll see.   ;)

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss.  
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel you. I say smoke it. I go through this often with my wife’s stuff, it’s been 5 years plus, and I still have a hard time doing anything with it.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    Well, it's that time again. I've decided I will smoke it this Wednesday, on her birthday. Pics to follow. Now what to pair it with? Bourbon, scotch or Irish whiskey? All three, maybe? Well see.

Bacon bloody mary

Don't look ↑

Starting out pretty good. Draw isn't bad. Flavor is ok.