Home Non Cigar Related
Options

SARDINES

13»

Comments

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:
    Those Season "sardines" are the worst I have ever eaten in a long career of eating sardines. Horrible.

I like the Season ones myself, but I enjoy the boneless skinless ones more than the mouthful of steamed guts I get with a lot of brands. I do drain the oil and replace it with garlic olive oil, sriracha and fresh cracked pepper.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stubble said:
    Nom, nom...nom.

Those better be sardines in mustard sauce, Steve.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

No need for sauce... Just put some stone ground mustard on your fork when you go to stab one out. Real mustard is far more way better than the yellow slime they use for sauce.

Gotta be King Oscar sardines.

Gotta stack of cans in the pantry now.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    ThatGuyWithAFaceThatGuyWithAFace Posts: 26 ✭✭

Sardines are fantastic. I enjoy grossing people out who don't like them (in particular, my dad and sis).

Sardines in olive oil is best, imo; but those canned in mustard, hot sauce, etc. are pretty good too. Not sure I tried any that I didn't like?? Regardless, gotta have crackers with them.

Mackerel is pretty good too. Anyone like those?

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was in the American Society of Engineering Technologists club in college--served one year as presidend--and we'd meet up at a pizza joint for our meetings.

We'd always order one pizza for the club advisors, half anchovy and half jalapeno. I'd usually have some of that pizza.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why didn't I think of sardines for my emergency cupboard, next trip.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I'll stick with smoked Kippers on buttered toast.....As bonus the wife hates the smell of them. Just getting her back for her cauliflower she cooks.