December CCOM Xmas herf

avengethisavengethis Sorry, I ate all your bacon!Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 4 in General Discussion
We are going to mix things up this year for the Xmas herf.  It might not be ideal for everybody but something new to try.  

I will be hosting it at my house this year.  We are looking at Decmember 6-8.  I have hotels within 5 minutes of my house, there is an airport in Appleton (sometimes pricier, 10 minute drive) also Green bay (30 minutes to me) or Milwaukee (1.5 hours).

Friday depending on arrivals and what not I was thinking we could go out for a dinner (fish fry or supper club) otherwise I can cook as well and then Saturday we will have the smoker and grill going and cook up something nice.

I have 2 bathrooms in the house, garage will be the area of smoking, welcome to relax in the house as well but no smoking in the house.  I have a tv and dart board in the garage for things to do, also can keep it warm with a heater.

I would like to try and get a head count to see who is open to making this work.  I know it is sort of a change and moving from Chicago will rule it out for some.  I hope anybody that wants to can figure out a way to make it up.
Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White

Comments

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Lake Zurich IlPosts: 5,023 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In, I'll head up Friday night after work.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    Brad, I'm happy to bring food stuff as well, just let me know.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • genareddoggenareddog South eastern indianaPosts: 2,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have our Christmas party every year the first Saturday in December. Wish we could make it
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Milwaukee, WIPosts: 6,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have our Christmas party every year the first Saturday in December. Wish we could make it
    Does that mean Gena's coming by herself?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    edited November 5
    ^^^^^^^^^^ LOL?  Also just move the Christmas party to Brads house.  Two birds one stone, conundrum solved.
    MOW badge received.
  • Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 north pole, alaskaPosts: 419 ✭✭✭✭
    On call that weekend so I won't be able to make it.  
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
    Well hell, if I can talk Brad into the following weekend can you make it?  Same question Larry.
    MOW badge received.
  • avengethisavengethis Sorry, I ate all your bacon!Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If need be following week would work for me. 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • genareddoggenareddog South eastern indianaPosts: 2,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure Gena would be able to make it then either. Probably have to count her out this year.
  • dirtdudedirtdude LaughlinPosts: 4,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very generous offer Brad. Have weekends off now but they generally consist of late Saturday afternoon and Sunday, will see if I can work something out.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • avengethisavengethis Sorry, I ate all your bacon!Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumping this up to see if there is interest in doing it. I have no problem if it's 2 people or 20
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• IndustMechIndustMech FIBPosts: 1,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'll depend on work. 
    Let's eat, GrandMa.
    Let's eat GrandMa.

Punctuation saves lives