Home General Discussion

December CCOM Xmas herf

avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in General Discussion
We are going to mix things up this year for the Xmas herf.  It might not be ideal for everybody but something new to try.  

I will be hosting it at my house this year.  We are looking at Decmember 6-8.  I have hotels within 5 minutes of my house, there is an airport in Appleton (sometimes pricier, 10 minute drive) also Green bay (30 minutes to me) or Milwaukee (1.5 hours).

Friday depending on arrivals and what not I was thinking we could go out for a dinner (fish fry or supper club) otherwise I can cook as well and then Saturday we will have the smoker and grill going and cook up something nice.

I have 2 bathrooms in the house, garage will be the area of smoking, welcome to relax in the house as well but no smoking in the house.  I have a tv and dart board in the garage for things to do, also can keep it warm with a heater.

I would like to try and get a head count to see who is open to making this work.  I know it is sort of a change and moving from Chicago will rule it out for some.  I hope anybody that wants to can figure out a way to make it up.
Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White

Comments

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In, I'll head up Friday night after work.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    Brad, I'm happy to bring food stuff as well, just let me know.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have our Christmas party every year the first Saturday in December. Wish we could make it
    edited November 2019
    ^^^^^^^^^^ LOL?  Also just move the Christmas party to Brads house.  Two birds one stone, conundrum solved.
    MOW badge received.
  • Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On call that weekend so I won't be able to make it.  
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
    Well hell, if I can talk Brad into the following weekend can you make it?  Same question Larry.
    MOW badge received.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If need be following week would work for me. 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure Gena would be able to make it then either. Probably have to count her out this year.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very generous offer Brad. Have weekends off now but they generally consist of late Saturday afternoon and Sunday, will see if I can work something out.
    A little dirt never hurt
    Bumping this up to see if there is interest in doing it. I have no problem if it's 2 people or 20
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'll depend on work. 

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

I will be there Saturday early afternoon with Colleen, I do believe @IndustMech will be on the same day?
    MOW badge received.
    I will be there Saturday early afternoon with Colleen, I do believe @IndustMech will be on the same day?
    You are correct, sir

• CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are correct, sir
    I’m going to tentatively count myself in on this type of timeline. 
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who's driving the sleigh?

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    Why santa of course!  
    MOW badge received.
    WEEEEEEE!

Any request for food on Saturday?
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

I might be late Saturday afternoon with the Mrs. or early without.

Something good!
    MOW badge received.
  • JGruveyJGruvey Posts: 627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d love to join but that weekend I’m scheduled Friday and Saturday and the next weekends my anniversary. Sounds like a blast though. :/
  • CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Room is booked. I'll get there sometime around 1:00 pm on Saturday most likely. 
  • Far_North_64Far_North_64 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't make this one but I really would like to make one next year. 
    Now this is not the end of the cigar. It is not even the beginning of the end of the cigar. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of the cigar.

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bummer. I don’t get off until the 20th. 
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somebody better be taking some pictures!
    A little dirt never hurt
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope you all have a good time!
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
    Come on up @skydiverD
    Team O'Donnell FTW!