Home Cigar 101
Options

How to use the flavor wheel to choke out a b***h

2»

Comments

• Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:
    Am I the only one who looked at the title of this thread and still have no idea what it says or means??

Flavor wheel? WTF?
    So when I say a Victor Sinclair tastes like dog crap and someone else says it has popcorn and caramel, who is correct?
    Flavor wheels are a gimmick.

I think the flavor wheel diagram could be useful as a means to illuminate the cigar smoker and introduce them to what may be possible to experience while smoking, but it's by no means a definitive method to search for cigars of a certain type. For example, I've had a Padilla Miami which had notes of peanut butter, and a Flores Conn Reserve Maduro with dark cherry and chocolate notes, and a FFOX Oro Oscuro with not just the nutty profile, but some cedar and rich liquor and toffee. If it wasn't for the flavor diagram, most folks would be like a ship at sea without a rudder, exclaiming "Mmmm, Gud?" and "No!...tastes like...something...can't place it...hrm..."

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is a crazy title ... and it seems that the flavor wheel is almost as crazy... though there Is clearly something to the relationships between flavor... objective data<<<subjective data

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

My flavor wheel only has about a half dozen flavors in it.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

The answer to your question, Tony, is that you would be correct.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

My neanderthal taste buds are not capable of picking up notes of this and nuances of that. I tend to lean on certain blenders that I like and go from there. And also, I've read that I should smoke whatever Nick smokes and that AJ be lends don't suck.