Home Cigar 101

so I bought a box of Hemmingway Short Story....

Trx680Trx680 Posts: 39 ✭✭✭

These are individually wrapped in cellophane
Is it best to leave them wrapped or remove the cellophane in the humidor?

Comments

• IndustMechIndustMech FIBPosts: 2,400 ✭✭✭✭✭

I leave them on

Let's eat, GrandMa.
    Let's eat GrandMa.

Punctuation saves lives
  • YaksterYakster I'm on a Buying FreezePosts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2

Cello protects the wrapper from handling and whenever I find mold it seems to strike the cigars without cello.

Also, take the cap off tubos or take them out to prevent mold.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today.

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 TexasPosts: 1,685 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't take that cello off until your smoke session. I buy cellophane wrappers and put it on all my naked cigars for all the reasons listed above.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • 0patience0patience Oregon CoastPosts: 9,232 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cello on, cello off

There is no crisis that a good cigar can't cure.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken already sucked before joining forum,.....just sayin'.Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some people find the same old cello question annoying. Not me. Some people find multiple beginner question threads started by one guy annoying. Not me. Some people, who notice that all these questions started up on April Fools Day, should find that amusing. Yes me! Me! I do!

• BKDogBKDog NE PAPosts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just FYI if there is cello but the cigars also have cedar wrap, the mold can develop underneath the cedar on the cigar and you'd be no wiser until you tried to unwrap it. Ordinary cello on a cigar, no problems. I might get around to removing the cedar wrap on all my cigars, or move them to a drier humidor.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank 3,245.6 miles from the devious bástärd herfPosts: 3,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

I turn the cello inside out to prevent the mold

President of the ccom Rocky Patel Fan Club
    Any of you guys call ME Francis, and I'll kill ya.
    AJ blends don't suck.
    What would Nick smoke?
    She's not much of a wrestler....