Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Blantons

firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in Non Cigar Related

For all you whiskey lovers out there I have something for you to ponder. We’re talking about doing barrel pick of Blantons. We’re currently working with liquor store owners and distributors. From the sound of things if we were to do it we would have to purchase a lot of the bottles that come out of it, is that something any of you would be interested in purchasing? A Blanton‘s barrel pick? It should come out to a pretty reasonable price but I wanted to get a feel for whether or not there was any interest so I don’t over commit on some crazy amount of bottles.

Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 

Comments

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

In

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

In for probably 4 or 5. I can get 2 others to also buy

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭

In.
    For 2 or possibly more. Thanks Kevin!

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll ask at work. I bet at least a couple guys would be interested.

• Options

It’s not a sure thing yet but I’ll keep you all posted.

Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have any idea of price yet?

You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes for a couple bottles

Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

@firehouseguy said:
    It’s not a sure thing yet but I’ll keep you all posted.

So, you post some possible/maybe/...WTF.

• Options

Yes, Thus the reason for pondering...I know it’s a big word.Woof! Just Kidding! We’re talking about it to see if there is enough interest. I don’t have that big Dog money, and I don’t have room to have 100 bottles in my house, I ain’t Costco.

• Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

@firehouseguy said:
    Yes, Thus the reason for pondering...I know it’s a big word.Woof! Just Kidding! We’re talking about it to see if there is enough interest. I don’t have that big Dog money, and I don’t have room to have 100 bottles in my house, I ain’t Costco.

...I'm in fo 2. If ya take a checK.

• Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Put me in the in column too.

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Which Blanton's?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would be interested as well.

I think you will need to figure out the logistics under taking if you are shipping all of this. Add your time and shipping of course into the price. I think many would agree with that concept.

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    HeavysetrapierHeavysetrapier Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭

@firehouseguy are you doing this through a liquor store or something? Are you working directly with the distillery?

• Options

Also, if I'm not mistaken, that barrel would yield ~250 bottles right?

• Options

Have you gotten what the price of the barrel would be?

• Options

I could be in for 6. Maybe more.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭✭✭

What does it regularly go for per bottle? Never had it.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would definitely be interested.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    What does it regularly go for per bottle? Never had it.

Retail is 55-60 if you can find it. Secondary is 85-100

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options

@Heavysetrapier said:
    @firehouseguy are you doing this through a liquor store or something? Are you working directly with the distillery?

It has to start with store owner and go from there, Buffalo Trace has info in the website dedicated to the process walk through

@Heavysetrapier said:
    Also, if I'm not mistaken, that barrel would yield ~250 bottles right? I’ve read 180-250 bottles

@Heavysetrapier said:
    Have you gotten what the price of the barrel would be?

I have not we are just looking into the process but I don’t want to overcommit to what portion I could move because I don’t want to get stuck with too many bottles of Blantons...there’s something I thought I’d never say, lol

• Options
    edited April 2020

So why doesn't the store owner just keep the extra bottles and sell them? What store is it?

I think a price would help people decide how much they're in. I mean if you're going through a store, how much is he gonna mark it up?

• Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interested

You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options

@Heavysetrapier said:
    So why doesn't the store owner just keep the extra bottles and sell them? What store is it?

I think a price would help people decide how much they're in. I mean if you're going through a store, how much is he gonna mark it up?

Odds are that we will shoot for a deal where we guarantee a certain of bottles that we can unload and then the store gets the rest to sell at the usual mark-up. We have about 5 owners we talk to regularly but haven't pitched the idea we want to see how much interest there is first. I don't have a bottle price because we haven't negotiated anything yet. My concern was that people might not want barrel picked stuff so I didn't want to do too much leg work if it was a situation where I would have to commit to buying half of the bottles and then end up sitting on them. I mean we like like Blanton's and all but not enough to buy 50 bottles each.

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking about 3-5 bottles. I bet I could could find takers for at least that many more...

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?