Home Non Cigar Related

Blantons

Comments

• cigarexplorercigarexplorer Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd be in for 2 bottles.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess I'll go in for a bottle. Maybe two. Might as well try it, right?

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I would be in for a couple bottles myself and can fill out a fair amount more.

Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in for 1 bottle.

You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

My son said he'd be interested in a couple, as well.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

Store picks go for more on secondary market. I'll move what ever your leftover with Kevin.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:
    Store picks go for more on secondary market. I'll move what ever your leftover with Kevin.

...until you have 20 bottles in front of you and decide they're too pretty to let go.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll have 2 please

A little dirt never hurt
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://singlebarrelselect.buffalotracedistillery.com/distillery.html
    How much will it cost?
    The cost for a barrel ranges between $4,000 and $15,000 depending on the number of bottles your barrel yields, and the price negotiated locally by the distributor and retailer.

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never had it, can't get it here, but if there's a way to ship it north I'm in for 2.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭✭✭

My prediction here, is just like Kevin coming to multiple herfs, this will never happen.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,080 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would be in for a couple bottles

• firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Patrickbrick said:
    My prediction here, is just like Kevin coming to multiple herfs, this will never happen.

Quite possible, but I have promised nothing (unlike the multiple Herfs). Just feeling out interest.

Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • Far_North_64Far_North_64 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let me know when you have it more figured out. Generally interested.

@Trykflyr_1 I do have a bottle still sitting in Scotland waiting for shipping!

Now this is not the end of the cigar. It is not even the beginning of the end of the cigar. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of the cigar.

• Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have to agree with @Patrickbrick. I did some numbers from the Blanton website and put numbers in that were middle of the road and you're talking +$40.00 per bottle before taxes, shipping, receivers Mark up then you have to figure in the costs of packaging and shipping to everyone who has signed up for how many bottles. Doesn't sound cost effective to me.
    Just saying.

You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!

@Stubble said:
    13 Yes
    5 Maybe
    2 Negative Nellies

At least 26 bottles "Spoken for."

Full steam ahead.....

I'm in for 4 or 5 myself so that number is higher. Plus Jeremy and Chris would be in for at least 2 bottles themselves.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

@Sleddog46 said:
    I have to agree with @Patrickbrick. I did some numbers from the Blanton website and put numbers in that were middle of the road and you're talking +$40.00 per bottle before taxes, shipping, receivers Mark up then you have to figure in the costs of packaging and shipping to everyone who has signed up for how many bottles. Doesn't sound cost effective to me.
    Just saying.

Blantons on the shelf IF you can find it retails for 55-65 depending on state. Secondary market for regular blantons is 85-100.

-- Winston Churchill

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,125 ✭✭✭✭✭

Blantons herf in Kansas!

amiright?

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    Blantons herf in Kansas!

amiright?

Logistical problem solved

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

I’m going hunting for Blantons tomorrow so I can keep working on those owners I’ve been talking to. In the last week and a half I found two bottles on the shelf that are currently in my possession technically three but I let my oldest daughter buy that one.

Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^ That’s just cruel and unnecessary punishment.^^^
    Liquor stores closed here. Only option is what is available at the grocery store.

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.

@firehouseguy said:
    In the last two weeks I’ve seen George t stagg, Stagg Junior Pappy multiple years, blood oath pact five we saw two of those we actually picked one up for retail saw some orphan barrel forged oak and lots and lots of other rare stuff.

What was the GTS price

-- Winston Churchill

• HeavysetrapierHeavysetrapier Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭

And the pappy prices

@Guitarded said:
    ^^^ That’s just cruel and unnecessary punishment.^^^
    Liquor stores closed here. Only option is what is available at the grocery store.

that is cruel, I'm sorry Michael

@Usaf06 said:

@firehouseguy said:
    In the last two weeks I’ve seen George t stagg, Stagg Junior Pappy multiple years, blood oath pact five we saw two of those we actually picked one up for retail saw some orphan barrel forged oak and lots and lots of other rare stuff.

What was the GTS price

$350