Home Cigar 101

The importance of lighting

Spyk_Saturn12Spyk_Saturn12 Posts: 55 ✭✭✭

So I've tried a new technique with lighting and I'm finding my cigars are tasting better. After my last post I found I'm still pretty green with assumptions so I thought it better to ask. I'm spending much less time on toasting the foot and it seems I'm getting much more flavor out of my cigar from it. Does this seem logical since I haven't changed much on diet/drinks?

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken already sucked before joining forum,.....just sayin'.Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do what works for you. I'm glad you found a better tasting technique. You asked if what you're doing seemed logical (that the result should taste better). It doesn't seem logical to me because I like to gently toast for a long time. That seems to work for me way better than a quickie pyro-puff-fireball technique. It's possible toasting wasn't working well for you because you may have been toasting too much, and maybe scorching the foot and creating harsh flavors for yourself. I'm just guessing because of my assumption is that toasting is always better than not toasting,........ unless one toasts too "vigorously" and it's easy to over-do it with a torch.

• Spyk_Saturn12Spyk_Saturn12 Posts: 55 ✭✭✭

I've probably been over toasting then and that's why this method works better I suppose. Keep trying 😅