Home General Discussion
Options

Questions about setting up my new wineador

2»

Comments

• Options
    BanksyBanksy Posts: 29

I'll leave it as is for the night and check it in the morning.

My thinking was adding the 69 percent packs would help pump a little more moisture in there. Not make it spike.

I figured since boveda is a 2 way system it wouldn't allow the unit to get above 72%

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:
    65-67 is perfect

This is where mine lives

• Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wiped down my shelves and drawers with distilled water, turned the unit on, did something for a bit I guess, I could have had ice cream or maybe I installed a new trigger in the hunting rifle. I could have watched an episode of Castle, not too sure. Then, I popped my cigars in and went to bed. A couple maybe a few years later it's still holding steady.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Banksy said:

My thinking was adding the 69 percent packs would help pump a little more moisture in there. Not make it spike.

I figured since boveda is a 2 way system it wouldn't allow the unit to get above 72%

Your 72 s are putting out 72 but the smaller 69s are absorbing 3% so the bigger 72s are going to win. Coupled with the 2% margin it is possible for it to be at 74% right now.

• Options
    edited June 2020

@deadman said:

@Banksy said:

Your 72 s are putting out 72 but the smaller 69s are absorbing 3% so the bigger 72s are going to win. Coupled with the 2% margin it is possible for it to be at 74% right now.

Why is it reading 81% though?

On top part of the shelves one hygrometer reads 81%

My other on the same shelves reads 75

I'm more inclined to believe the high one is accurate because it's a brand new cigar Oasis one that's a week old.

Why would humidity be that high?

The cigars putting out more moisture than the boveda packs can handle?

• Options

This really made me laugh.

That's awesome man

• Options

@peter4jc said:
    Once you get it sorted we're putting you in charge of answering every newcomer asking about setting up a new wineador. :)

Will there be discounts on Ligas and Padron?

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Banksy, did you calibrate any of those hygrometers? I know mine reads 5% high and that's fine with me, subtract 5 and I know where it's at. To be honest, I don't even know where that thing is, a tight seal and Boveda's are all that's needed, it's always the same, I don't even check anymore.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    edited June 2020

@dirtdude said:
    Banksy, did you calibrate any of those hygrometers? I know mine reads 5% high and that's fine with me, subtract 5 and I know where it's at. To be honest, I don't even know where that thing is, a tight seal and Boveda's are all that's needed, it's always the same, I don't even check anymore.

Actually yes I did

The xikar got calibrated about a month ago

The other is a brand new Cigar Oasis one that in the instructions said it came pre calibrated from Cigar Oasis

Still very odd readings

With 2 72% packs (320 gram) the Cigar Oasis is reading 77% and the xikar is reading 75

Analog hygrometer which I calibrated is reading about 77% too

So strange

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

@Banksy' Are you running a Cigar Oasis humidifier with the Bovedas it is that just a hygrometer? What is the relative humidity where you live? Do you have air conditioning?

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    edited June 2020

@Yakster said:
    @Banksy' Are you running a Cigar Oasis humidifier with the Bovedas it is that just a hygrometer? What is the relative humidity where you live? Do you have air conditioning?

Just the hygrometer

And yes my room as a air conditioner in it that's been running a lot.

I'd say the relative humidity is around 66 % as of today