Home General Discussion
Options

Newbie looking to stock up humidor

Comments

• Options
    DerekDerek Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deadman said:
    Very nice I love the Tennessee Waltz

I see you're 30 miles from me. I'm in Mooresville. Have you been to Casa de Montecristo?

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coolidors are far less complicated...but sounds like you'll fit right in with @Bob_Luken and @Yakster who macgyver everything from coffee filters to bird feeders....

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Derek said:

@deadman said:

I see you're 30 miles from me. I'm in Mooresville. Have you been to Casa de Montecristo?

Never been. If Mr KC Kasper hits good traffic on one of his Scranton trips then we will meet up there as he stays the night in Statesville.

Yeah I’m 20 min from Charlotte and 20 from Concord, right beside The old Reeds Gold mine. But I work in Mocksville

• Options

^ if you get out this way stop by for a smoke. I wouldn’t be able to go back to work until October.

😂 I may even cut the grass and weedeat.

• Options

@deadman said:

@Derek said:

@deadman said:

Never been. If Mr KC Kasper hits good traffic on one of his Scranton trips then we will meet up there as he stays the night in Statesville.

Yeah I’m 20 min from Charlotte and 20 from Concord, right beside The old Reeds Gold mine. But I work in Mocksville

Nice. Casa de Montecristo is what was the old JR in Statesville. But rebranded. And it has a cocktail lounge.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice haul Derek. Bought cigars in stock... I like it!

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Derek said:
    Stopped by my local cigar shop today. How did I do?

Those look great ! If you love the padrons ... give the padron 64 anniversary (pricey) or the don pepin Garcia blue.... that is a crowd pleaser ...
    But listen to these guys... they know what they are talking about...

• Options

@EgoBoundary said:

@Derek said:
    Stopped by my local cigar shop today. How did I do?

Those look great ! If you love the padrons ... give the padron 64 anniversary (pricey) or the don pepin Garcia blue.... that is a crowd pleaser ...
    But listen to these guys... they know what they are talking about...

I can tell!

• Options

Smoked an eiroa dark last night. It was pretty good. I felt like I was getting too much airflow and not a very consistent burn however.

Smoking a camacho criollo tonight. I'm digging this one.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^ Funny thing, that is an example of what I was saying about the San Cristobal. I got two of those Don Carlos a couple days after he died. I bought them out of a humidor, at a B&M in Nashville, out of a freshly opened box. I smoked one that day, and thought "Rats. This is not what it's cracked up to be. I could have bought 5 Jericho Hill's with that money."

The other went into the humidor for a few months. Outstanding cigar!

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    ^^^ Funny thing, that is an example of what I was saying about the San Cristobal. I got two of those Don Carlos a couple days after he died. I bought them out of a humidor, at a B&M in Nashville, out of a freshly opened box. I smoked one that day, and thought "Rats. This is not what it's cracked up to be. I could have bought 5 Jericho Hill's with that money."

The other went into the humidor for a few months. Outstanding cigar!

Interesting. I'll have to give San Cristobal another shot then. I'm trying to load this humidor up quick so that I'm not digging into immature inventory every night. Patience is a virtue and I don't have it!

• Options

Real men smoke right off the truck....

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options

Sweet! Which one did you light up? :#

• Options

@VegasFrank said:
    Sweet! Which one did you light up? :#

None yet! Got to get two kids to bed first.

• Options

Here you bro! Mine are finally old enough to put themselves to bed. B)

• Options

9pm here. They're pushing my first drink out way too far into the evening.

• Options

@Yakster said:

@VegasFrank said:
    Here you bro! Mine are finally old enough to put themselves to bed. B)

Sure, but do they stay in bed? How come we hear them asking for juice and bargaining to stay up later while you're vHerfing?

At least mine are old enough to share a whisky with. :D

p.s. sheltering in place with your grown kids has it's own special set of problems regarding your liquor collection. It's probably a good thing my daughters haven't taken to smoking cigars or I'd be fighting over the better sticks in my humidor.

This is exactly the reason we say "stop growing"

Update. Both f****** in bed 😂

• Options

@Derek said:

Is that a machined aluminum block made into an ashtray?

• Options

@deadman said:

@Derek said:

I actually gnawed it into the shape of an ashtray. How did I do?

• Options
    edited June 2020

@Derek said:

@deadman said:

@Derek said:

Not bad. ID could be a little bigger. I noticed cause my guys do stuff like that all the on the clock. Except they would have raided my brass stock to do it.

• Options

@deadman said:

@Derek said:

@deadman said:

@Derek said:

Not bad. ID could be a little bigger. I noticed cause my guys do stuff like that all the on the clock. Except they would have raided my brass stock to do it.

Nah I bought this thing. But I also ordered this tonight

• Options

I like the AF trays. Check out the Viaje skull n bones ashtray

• Options

@deadman said:
    I like the AF trays. Check out the Viaje skull n bones ashtray

I like it!