Home General Discussion

Cigar Tour

rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

My auctioneer order is apparently on a cross country tour. I live about 40 minutes from Easton and usually get them within 2 days. I guess they found a new route through Washington and hitting every facility on the way back.

Comments

• ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always find it strange that I can get a order from SB in two days all the way across the country....But it'll take three+ days to get one from Pa only two hours away......The above might explain it.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's the UPS SOP.

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    Did you click that box, "Please age my cigars for me by keeping them in transit as long as possible"?

The Frank special

Our local UPS had a dispute of undetermined nature with Amazon this spring, so it let a trailer full of Amazon boxes sit in their yard for several weeks before deigning to deliver them after the Boston TV station shamed them.

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭✭✭

UPS "Surepost"... I'm still waiting on a shipment they "Sure" posted 2 years ago. It got to Seattle and vanished.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad to have a UPS membership online so I can upgrade every "surepost" package for a dollar or two and have it delivered promptly by my local UPS driver, who is a really nice dude. I even receive alerts that I am receiving a package for those items I have on recurring delivery.
    USPS, though...here's what the Postal Service does right:

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    I'm awaiting a package from P&C, a couple days ago UPS passed within a few miles of my house with it, in order to allow the UPS facility 25 miles away to deliver it to the UPS facility 60 miles away in order to deliver it to the USPS office 130 miles away so that they could ship it to the USPS that they passed by 2 days ago which will ultimately deliver it to my house, probably day after tomorrow.

Progress, yeah, that's what they call it, progress.

Checked on the progress, apparently my new pipe arrived in Memphis yesterday morning at 0529 and has decided to rest there for awhile. Must be exhausted.

Or,

They're too lazy to post it's progress. It could show up here today, if it isn't still languishing in Memphis, or maybe tomorrow. At least it's a pipe and shouldn't be harmed by the extra 3 or 4 days in the back of a truck at 120 degrees fahrenheit.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

This is exciting! Keep us posted, I'm guessing it is now on its way back to Easton, PAl

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

They’re touring the country with our wunderlust

Man, just had another one head to New Jersey and it originated here in PA. Not gonna elaborate on that any further.
    I'm starting to believe it has become SOP for the USPS, which sucks donkey balls to begin with, to send overflow packages to NJ to ease the pressure a bit. Since the aren't private and in fact a "GOV" institution, they can just wave at you which totally means "Foook You". I say they are scumbags.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."

@BKDog said:

I'm starting to believe it has become SOP for the USPS, ... to send overflow packages to NJ to ease the pressure a bit.

They've got a team of Covid infected chimpanzees there that sneeze on all the packages thus insuring the continuation of the pandemic until election time. Just smile, relax, bend over, it'll all be over soon.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@BKDog said:

I'm starting to believe it has become SOP for the USPS, ... to send overflow packages to NJ to ease the pressure a bit.

They've got a team of Covid infected chimpanzees there that sneeze on all the packages thus insuring the continuation of the pandemic until election time. Just smile, relax, bend over, it'll all be over soon.

I don't believe that one bit.

There's no way they use chimps. :D

• ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found out today, Fedex air ships most of the USPO packages with UPS taking up the slack....Now it's starting to make sense why things take so long.

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    I'm awaiting a package from P&C, a couple days ago UPS passed within a few miles of my house with it, in order to allow the UPS facility 25 miles away to deliver it to the UPS facility 60 miles away in order to deliver it to the USPS office 130 miles away so that they could ship it to the USPS that they passed by 2 days ago which will ultimately deliver it to my house, probably day after tomorrow.

Progress, yeah, that's what they call it, progress.

Checked on the progress, apparently my new pipe arrived in Memphis yesterday morning at 0529 and has decided to rest there for awhile. Must be exhausted.

Or,

They're too lazy to post it's progress. It could show up here today, if it isn't still languishing in Memphis, or maybe tomorrow. At least it's a pipe and shouldn't be harmed by the extra 3 or 4 days in the back of a truck at 120 degrees fahrenheit.

Seems my pipe has taken a liking to Memphis. I can only assume that it's partying down on Beale St. and lost track of time. It happens, I guess.

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

Illinois this morning.

I had another order from auctioneer process on Tuesday at 3 PM, and it is on the truck for delivery today. Crazy

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

you need to see Peter for an intervention

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK, finally handed off to USPS about a mile from my house. Hoping for Monday

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,184 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rsherman24 said:
    OK, finally handed off to USPS about a mile from my house. Hoping for Monday

Don't hope for Monday. If you do that'll make it not Monday and it'll take another lap.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭✭✭

Might want to let those rest.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

They were all Romeo's and Monte cristo's anyways. Might as well smoke them and get them out of your humidor. Try buying some good stuff?

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why is that rocket tipping over?

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )