Home General Discussion
Options

What's your favorite bundle/value/everyday Gar?

N0tRichardN0tRichard Posts: 103 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking at picking up some value cigars because I can't bring myself to burn through $10 sticks everyday. I've been looking at the Chillin Moose and Chillin Moose Too. Any suggestions/recommendations for good bundle cigars?

Comments

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭✭

whats a budget stick to you. $5? or less? Check Auctioneer for boxes. Would be your best option IMO. Unless you come across DPG blues for a deal.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

Chillin' Moose is probably a good choice. You might want to look at various 2nds.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Try the bid sites. Most of the cigars I’ve purchased lately have been sub $25 shipped for a five pack.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

More expensive than the Chillin' Moose, but there's a daily Deal for the Breakfast in Portugal today which is also a Conny wrapper and is very tasty at $4 per stick. Seems to me that the Breakfast in Portugal has better flavor or is more in my wheelhouse than the Chillin' Moose but I can't predict that you'll necessarily agree with me on that.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,430 ✭✭✭✭✭

My favorite bundle/value/everyday stick is still the same as it was the last thirty-four times this question was asked. LOL

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with above. Bid sites. I have definitely changed my tune over the last few months after just buying from auction sites or CPage. You can buy a cheap cigar for a cheap price or a good+ cigar at a cheap price. If $3 is a budget stick there are plenty of 20ct boxes out there for $60 that would be $120+ B&M prices on the auction site. Some sites have 5ers, 10ers, samples, ETC at ridiculously low prices.

• Options
    EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every major brand has entry level sticks that are usually pretty good. Padron has 1000 series, saka has umbagog, Foundation has Charter Oak etc.

• Options
    N0tRichardN0tRichard Posts: 103 ✭✭✭✭

Thank y'all for the suggestions! Just wanted to see what the current consensus was and hear some more options. Didn't see the old threads

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

New World Cameroon.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was thinking that, Tony, but I thought I'd let you say it. Foundry time flies, the archetype axis mundi seem to be on sale lately. So do the psycho seven Maduro natural and Connie. The griffins, a ton of aj sticks, etc. You have to buy and try brother

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

Agree with @VegasFrank
    There are so many good reasonably priced ones.

The New World Cameroon is "my" go-to.
    Each person is different and has their different likes.

It would be like saying what is the best burger.
    The one you like.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options

Frozen grocery store Patty according to Nick @Usaf06

Just sayin

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

Stock up when there are sales. The getting has been very good lately. I think I've bought around 110 cigars in the last week because the deals have been coming left and right. Some great sticks at $3-4 are readily available at the usual haunts CPlace, Cpage, Monster, Holt, etc. Very good time to be in the market for cigars right now. The ten packs have been the best deals for me lately but the two best deals were 100 Villiger La Vencedora's for around $1.80 each out the door and 75 Black Lion Maduro for $1.53 each out the door. Both after coupon codes coupled with sales.

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Roll your own

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

What does it cost you per stick to roll your own, understanding that it will vary?

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    edited September 2020

What does it cost you per stick to roll your own, understanding that it will vary, @webmost ?

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    JGruveyJGruvey Posts: 627 ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha I love the punisher as a cheap option that packs a punch but I love the heat. Psycho 7 maduro is a great one and I like the Camacho ABA when it goes on sale a lot.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

$50 on the DD today.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of folks seem to like the Drew Estates Factory smokes. I see bundles on sale often for $30 and some change, depending on size. Buy 3/4 bundles and add a discount code and it could be buck and some change a pop.

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Psyko 7 Maduro bundle when they are on sale. @timb can we get these on the deal again soon... TYVM

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

5 Vegas Gold, Nugget or Corona

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

HC Black. Dare I mention Victor Sinclair? ;-)

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anything on the cheap from a cigar page I won’t mention. Boxes from 39.99 for 20 sticks. Or spend a little more from a cigar auctioneer site I also won’t mention.