Home General Discussion
Options

What's your favorite bundle/value/everyday Gar?

2»

Comments

• Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best values I've gotten have hands down been villiger clearance deals. ANY cigar that you can find on clearance or closeout that Villiger sold boxed will be a tremendous value (avoid bundles as they often reblend those and they are not the same blends). I've not struck out yet buying with this pattern. I've bought over 200+ cigars this way and even ones I've been disappointed in initially have turned out fantastic after some age/rest. The pickings are getting slimmer but there are some steals still remaining.

Always keep an eye on the clearance and closeout bins as well as sales. There are some "Monster" sales sometimes. It's actually quite crazy how good you can smoke on a budget these days if you know where to look. 10 years ago, it was dang near impossible to find anything even decent for three bucks and under. It was all bulk flavorless junk. These days, you can smoke premiums in that rang. Not many things get cheaper/better with time. I suspect this getting will come to an end eventually. Get it while the getting is good. Stack it deep when cheap!

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

I pulled the trigger on the daily deal (Wednesday) for a bundle of the Room 101 Ichiban Maduro Churchills. $2.25 a stick and free shipping. I've always been happy with Room 101 cigars in the past, so I'm hopeful these will also make me glad I got 'em.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

I almost did the same thing, Bob.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Once a thread has gone silent for more than 90 days you can officially thread jack.

The ccom Cameroon label Shawn mentioned are actually great cigars. Has anyone tried the red labels?

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

I keep toying with the idea of getting the sampler to try the others. Are there enough good blends to be worth it?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    RobbyCruzRobbyCruz Posts: 584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

Perfect yardgar. They're a best seller!

• Options

@RobbyCruz said:
    Perfect yardgar. They're a best seller!

So your the guy buy up all the Gurkhas from Frank.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sitting here minding my own business, and blam! Nick with a shot across the bow.

Don't look ↑
  • Options

@VegasFrank said:
    Sitting here minding my own business, and blam! Nick with a shot across the bow.

I think he needs some gurkhas.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    I keep toying with the idea of getting the sampler to try the others. Are there enough good blends to be worth it?

I liked the Cameroon in corona size, but they tended to get moldy. Red label was good, really liked the Brazilian but they stopped making those, hmm...I think the only one that I really had problems with was the Cuban label. I tried about 3 times, but they mostly gurkha'd on me.

With all that said, it's been a few years since I had any. I think the moldy Cameroons were the last.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@ShawnOL said:

@VegasFrank said:

I got just the perfect ones in mind.

• Options

Pulled the trigger on a box of the Cameroon label and a fiver of the red label to try. They were both out of stock a couple months ago so these should be fresh from the davidoff factory.

• Options

@ShawnOL said:

@VegasFrank said:

RobbyCruz? Yes, yes he does.

@VegasFrank said:

I’m looking out for you bro, I couldn’t let this injustice stand.

• Options
    edited March 2021

@deadman said:

@ShawnOL said:

@VegasFrank said:

@VegasFrank said:

It's alright, I had 1 gurkha, I met my quota for the year.

• Options

@RobbyCruz said:

I don't know, sounds like you need some more.

• Options

@RobbyCruz said:

@deadman said:

@ShawnOL said:

@VegasFrank said:

@VegasFrank said:

Ok well Frank may let it slide once but don’t be smoking his Victor Sinclairs

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lots of $3 gurkas on the page, better restock.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭✭✭

@d_blades said:
    Lots of $3 gurkas on the page, better restock.

Over priced. 😂

• Options

Ave Maria.... any and all

• Options
  • Options

If I weren't on a buying freeze I'd grab one of each. Room 101 makes some good stuff. Thanks for the link, passing it along to my brother.