Home Non Cigar Related

RIP Eddy Van Halen

YaksterYakster herf wardenPosts: 20,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

              Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )


  • ShawnOLShawnOL The People's Communist Republic of MassachusettsPosts: 5,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

    That sucks.

  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 TexasPosts: 2,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

    One of the best all time vocalist and electric guitar players of all time! You will be missed,

    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • d_bladesd_blades near Table RockPosts: 2,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Got him on iheart right now, RIP Eddie.

    Turning money into smoke...about five bucks at a time, inflation adjusted to six bucks.
    My truck and I both smoke Diesel.
    Master of Yard Gars

    Democracy is 51% of the people taking away the rights of the other 49%.
    Thomas Jefferson

    There is no justification for taking away individuals' freedom in the guise of public safety.
    Thomas Jefferson

  • silvermousesilvermouse Cape CodPosts: 15,266 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I have to watch videos with the sound turned off, pretty funny, but RIP Mr. Van Halen.

  • IndustMechIndustMech ChicagolandPosts: 4,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Yeah, that socks. RIP EVH

    I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

    It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat West TNPosts: 7,432 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Damn. Sigh. :(

    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

    "There is nothing so in need of reforming as another person's bad habits."   Mark Twain
  • 0patience0patience Packed up the bags and moved to TenneseePosts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Damn is right.
    I wasn't ever a huge Van Halen fan, but that guy could play the guitar.

    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

    Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 TexasPosts: 2,417 ✭✭✭✭✭


    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis South DakotaPosts: 7,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I played 1984 at work today and I still know every note. Only album of theirs I've ever owned but I played the **** out of it.

  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Lake Zurich IlPosts: 7,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I knew he died before I saw the news. every radio station there is played him nonstop my entire 45 minute ride in to work.

    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 TexasPosts: 2,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

    My personal EVH tribute is finished. My ears are ringing, finger tips sore and last but not least neighbors probably pi’ssed. They know I’m a beast so they can’t say it sounded bad.

    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Diver43Diver43 South FloridaPosts: 1,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

    EVH never was rated at the level he should have been. Most put him at number 8. I rate him much higher.
    Rest In Peace Ed, thanks for the Riffs

    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Many moons ago, we were chasing a robbery suspect and one of my officers called him a Van Halen looking guy. When we got him, damn, the officer was right.

    RIP, brother.

Sign In or Register to comment.