Home Non Cigar Related

RIP Eddy Van Halen

YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

Comments

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

That sucks.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of the best all time vocalist and electric guitar players of all time! You will be missed,
    RIP

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got him on iheart right now, RIP Eddie.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have to watch videos with the sound turned off, pretty funny, but RIP Mr. Van Halen.

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, that socks. RIP EVH

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn. Sigh. :(

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn is right.
    I wasn't ever a huge Van Halen fan, but that guy could play the guitar.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

I played 1984 at work today and I still know every note. Only album of theirs I've ever owned but I played the **** out of it.

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

I knew he died before I saw the news. every radio station there is played him nonstop my entire 45 minute ride in to work.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.

My personal EVH tribute is finished. My ears are ringing, finger tips sore and last but not least neighbors probably pi’ssed. They know I’m a beast so they can’t say it sounded bad.

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

EVH never was rated at the level he should have been. Most put him at number 8. I rate him much higher.
    Rest In Peace Ed, thanks for the Riffs

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Many moons ago, we were chasing a robbery suspect and one of my officers called him a Van Halen looking guy. When we got him, damn, the officer was right.

RIP, brother.