Home Non Cigar Related

Boxing & MMA Thread

Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

Boxing is experiencing a resurgence in talent across multiple promotions, and UFC/MMA is the king of combat sport right now. Any fight fans out there? Let’s discuss!

Tagged:

Comments

• Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

UFC 257: Poirier vs McGregor is this Saturday. It’s been a year since Conor has fought, and this is the first fight since his most recent ‘retirement’ announcement. Last year McGregor took Cerrone out in :40 seconds. Poirier has one of the best chins in the game, and I expect him to give Conor problems.

• GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    I went to the fights the other night and a hockey game broke out.

Not to hijack this thread but... have you noticed the games seem a bit slower and lower intensity without packed stadiums?

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup. It'll pick up as the season progresses.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

I tape everything from UFC to EFC with Bellator in between. Great entertainment when fooling round in the garage enjoying a gar.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭

I watch UFC, Bellator and a couple other organizations I can’t remember the names. Not much of a boxing fan but I do watch maybe twice a year

@webmost said:
    I tape everything from UFC to EFC with Bellator in between. Great entertainment when fooling round in the garage enjoying a gar.

Watching fights while enjoying a cigar is the best. I’m mounting a bigger tv in the garage in a few weeks

@Poopy_Jones said:
    I watch UFC, Bellator and a couple other organizations I can’t remember the names. Not much of a boxing fan but I do watch maybe twice a year

Bellator has awesome fighters right now. Since bellator moved to CBS Sports Network I’ve been left out of some events (not in my TV package). I do have DAZN, but everything isn’t streamed there.

For boxing, its mostly free just watch the main events. Going to be some incredible fights in 2021. I’ll post here leading up to them 🤙🏽

No idea how the main event will play out today. If I was wagering I’d take Conor ML, but not much money to be made there.

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

That stunned, just got his azz beat look on his face. Wish I would have watched it.

@CharlieHeis said:
    That stunned, just got his azz beat look on his face. Wish I would have watched it.

It was a good one. Conor looked like he was taking over in RD1 (getting cocky and what not), DP started attacking the lead calf, and got him on the ground easily. Going into RD2 Conor was obviously gassed and his front leg was dead. Dustin found an opening and finished him off.

Conor did show class sticking around for a post-fight interview, and praised Dustin.

The commentators main take-away post-fight: Conor was out of shape/no conditioning, and Dustin is ready for another shot at the title.

Conor’s main comments post-fight: “No activity (1 fight in 2 yrs) can only hurt a fighter, and my leg was absolutely dead. That was my first time getting kicked like that”

I have the prelims on DVR. The main event will appear free this summer. I'm happy with prelims.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

edited January 2021

• NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Although it was a relatively quick fight it was a good one. I’m sure there will be a third fight between them in the future. Probably after DP gets a title shot.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

Connection issues with ESPN + was a complete **** show last night missed the first two fights. Wish they would go back to traditional PPV or get their act together.

@NorCalR1 said:
    Connection issues with ESPN + was a complete **** show last night missed the first two fights. Wish they would go back to traditional PPV or get their act together.

Agreed. Dana White said the issues were a west coast thing, but I didn’t have problems.

@Cam_91 according to various outlets it was not region specific and outages were reported all over. ESPN+ was getting roasted on Twitter & other platforms.

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,700 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

I had some martial arts training as a young buck, still prefer boxing, which I also did a little.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

edited January 2021

Massive card tomorrow. Best lineup in over a year. Anyone catching UFC259 tomorrow??

I’ll watch the prelims that are on ESPN. Great main card. I just finished watching the press conference from yesterday. I’m picking the Funkmaster, Lioness and Stylebender

@Poopy_Jones said:
    I’ll watch the prelims that are on ESPN. Great main card. I just finished watching the press conference from yesterday. I’m picking the Funkmaster, Lioness and Stylebender

My picks as well! The odds for Amanda are insane. Like -1700 😄 If she loses it would be a Rousey/Holm level upset. Never say never in the fight game 🤷🏻‍♂️

WARNING GRAPHIC

Lord Jesus, opponent kicked his damn finger off 😰

UFC Fight Night on ABC last night. Three hours DVRd. Rainy day today. Looking forward to wrenching the KLR with MMA on the garage toob, Modelo Especial in the Yeti, and a good home roll smoldering on the bench.

Life keeps on getting better the closer you get to leaving it.

Spotted Towhee on YouTube

Huge card in less than 2 hours! Anyone planning on watching?

Wish I could. I’ll be checking in on the web for results

• variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

I feel bad for Weidman. Slo-Mo replay of his leg snapping in half was brutal.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer