High blood pressure

2»

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    maybe that 4 lbs. is mostly water?

You are probably right.
    From what they tell me, that is probably very accurate.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess it's my turn. Had what I hope was indigestion Saturday evening, however, BP went up to 232/112. Blast! Went to the cardiologist today, Echocardiogram and Stress Test scheduled for next week.

Sigh...

Girlfriend and my family seem to think that one cannot live on coffee and cigars.

Sigh...again

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    I guess it's my turn. Had what I hope was indigestion Saturday evening, however, BP went up to 232/112. Blast! Went to the cardiologist today, Echocardiogram and Stress Test scheduled for next week.

Sigh...

Girlfriend and my family seem to think that one cannot live on coffee and cigars.

Sigh...again

I take BP meds so I can live off coffee and cigars.

Keep us posted how it turns out. That is crazy high.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope it settles down @Amos_Umwhat.

• Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

Need to add bacon to that so you have all three food groups....

Hope everything turns out good.

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope you feel better soon, Steve.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

So when I started this low sodium crap, I was about 185 lbs.
    Last night, before I went to bed I stepped on the scale and I am at 170 now.
    So in a week, I've lost 15 lbs.

Granted, I've cut back a lot of treats, but I still have my snacks, so changing the way I eat, is definitely making a difference.
    In another week, I will go to bringing some sodium back. But it will still be about half what normal should be.

At first, I hated this. Now, I am getting used to it and it really isn't terrible.
    Once I start bringing salt back a little, I think I can do this.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

138/76 today. I got to thinking about it, and for the 2 weeks prior to that episode I ate a lot more salt than I usually do. Normally, if you find my fingerprint on a salt shaker, it means someone asked: please pass the salt. But, every once in awhile, I get salt cravings, and it usually lasts a week or two. Gotta watch myself.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain