Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Dry Begging for Booze

Bob_LukenBob_Luken already sucked before joining forum,.....just sayin'.Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

So I was giving @raidermike a hard time about his drink of choice when smoking cigars and he kept saying it's awesome, you'll like it blah blah blah. Wade @CommanderDuke1_ overheard me saying MAYBE I'd buy myself an airplane sized bottle of Crown Royal Regal Apple to see if I could stand it. Cha-ching! That's how you dry beg some liquor,.... and a couple of smokes too. Thanks Wade.

Comments

  • TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,102 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Let us know what you think of the Apple.

  • CommanderDuke1_CommanderDuke1_ Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Bob_Luken said:
    So I was giving @raidermike a hard time about his drink of choice when smoking cigars and he kept saying it's awesome, you'll like it blah blah blah. Wade @CommanderDuke1_ overheard me saying MAYBE I'd buy myself an airplane sized bottle of Crown Royal Regal Apple to see if I could stand it. Cha-ching! That's how you dry beg some liquor,.... and a couple of smokes too. Thanks Wade.

    Your very welcome!!! Hope you enjoy!!!

  • VisionVision Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Everyone is giving out beatings this week huh? Geeez y’all are nuts

  • cigarexplorercigarexplorer Florida Posts: 943 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Awesome hit

  • Cam_91Cam_91 San Jose / I-O-U a 5erPosts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Mix it with the right stuff and it’s great,, so I’ve heard

  • d_bladesd_blades near Table RockPosts: 2,855 ✭✭✭✭✭

    My sister left a little bottle in the fridge, I had a shot with a smoke, not bad at all.

    Turning money into smoke...about five bucks at a time, inflation adjusted to six bucks.
    My truck and I both smoke Diesel.
    Master of Yard Gars

    Democracy is 51% of the people taking away the rights of the other 49%.
    Thomas Jefferson

    There is no justification for taking away individuals' freedom in the guise of public safety.
    Thomas Jefferson

  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken already sucked before joining forum,.....just sayin'.Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I hope not to offend Mike, and, I'm very impressed that Wade would bomb me this stuff because, It was a insidious dry beg bomb. "Make Bob taste it. That'll be fun."

    But here's my first impressions. It has a very nice, natural apple aroma, but too sweet (for me) to pair with cigars. Heavy sweet finish when I had it neat, and same with a few cubes added. However it did taste good mixed with some lime sparkling water I had on hand, but for that first try last night I already had that sweet finish lingering from the neat sampling, so I want to give it another chance cigar-paired as a mixed drink without sipping it neat first. And for those of you who already enjoy sweetened beverages paired with cigars, this might be worth a try. I won't give up on it. But it might end up being something I drink sans cigars. (To be continued.)

  • CommanderDuke1_CommanderDuke1_ Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Bob_Luken said:
    I hope not to offend Mike, and, I'm very impressed that Wade would bomb me this stuff because, It was a insidious dry beg bomb. "Make Bob taste it. That'll be fun."

    But here's my first impressions. It has a very nice, natural apple aroma, but too sweet (for me) to pair with cigars. Heavy sweet finish when I had it neat, and same with a few cubes added. However it did taste good mixed with some lime sparkling water I had on hand, but for that first try last night I already had that sweet finish lingering from the neat sampling, so I want to give it another chance cigar-paired as a mixed drink without sipping it neat first. And for those of you who already enjoy sweetened beverages paired with cigars, this might be worth a try. I won't give up on it. But it might end up being something I drink sans cigars. (To be continued.)

  • EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Add a monster , that should open up the flavor a little.

    Monster Royale

  • ShawnOLShawnOL The People's Communist Republic of MassachusettsPosts: 6,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

    I tried regular Crown Royal on St. Patrick's Day and really liked how smooth it was. I think my wife would even have liked it. I'll give the Apple a try when I'm done with my Irish whiskey kick. Then on to scotch.

Sign In or Register to comment.