Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Dry Begging for Booze

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

So I was giving @raidermike a hard time about his drink of choice when smoking cigars and he kept saying it's awesome, you'll like it blah blah blah. Wade @CommanderDuke1_ overheard me saying MAYBE I'd buy myself an airplane sized bottle of Crown Royal Regal Apple to see if I could stand it. Cha-ching! That's how you dry beg some liquor,.... and a couple of smokes too. Thanks Wade.

Comments

• TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let us know what you think of the Apple.

• CommanderDuke1_CommanderDuke1_ Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:
    So I was giving @raidermike a hard time about his drink of choice when smoking cigars and he kept saying it's awesome, you'll like it blah blah blah. Wade @CommanderDuke1_ overheard me saying MAYBE I'd buy myself an airplane sized bottle of Crown Royal Regal Apple to see if I could stand it. Cha-ching! That's how you dry beg some liquor,.... and a couple of smokes too. Thanks Wade.

Your very welcome!!! Hope you enjoy!!!

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone is giving out beatings this week huh? Geeez y’all are nuts

• cigarexplorercigarexplorer Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome hit

• Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mix it with the right stuff and it’s great,, so I’ve heard

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

My sister left a little bottle in the fridge, I had a shot with a smoke, not bad at all.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope not to offend Mike, and, I'm very impressed that Wade would bomb me this stuff because, It was a insidious dry beg bomb. "Make Bob taste it. That'll be fun."

But here's my first impressions. It has a very nice, natural apple aroma, but too sweet (for me) to pair with cigars. Heavy sweet finish when I had it neat, and same with a few cubes added. However it did taste good mixed with some lime sparkling water I had on hand, but for that first try last night I already had that sweet finish lingering from the neat sampling, so I want to give it another chance cigar-paired as a mixed drink without sipping it neat first. And for those of you who already enjoy sweetened beverages paired with cigars, this might be worth a try. I won't give up on it. But it might end up being something I drink sans cigars. (To be continued.)

• CommanderDuke1_CommanderDuke1_ Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:
    I hope not to offend Mike, and, I'm very impressed that Wade would bomb me this stuff because, It was a insidious dry beg bomb. "Make Bob taste it. That'll be fun."

But here's my first impressions. It has a very nice, natural apple aroma, but too sweet (for me) to pair with cigars. Heavy sweet finish when I had it neat, and same with a few cubes added. However it did taste good mixed with some lime sparkling water I had on hand, but for that first try last night I already had that sweet finish lingering from the neat sampling, so I want to give it another chance cigar-paired as a mixed drink without sipping it neat first. And for those of you who already enjoy sweetened beverages paired with cigars, this might be worth a try. I won't give up on it. But it might end up being something I drink sans cigars. (To be continued.)

• EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

Add a monster , that should open up the flavor a little.

Monster Royale

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

I tried regular Crown Royal on St. Patrick's Day and really liked how smooth it was. I think my wife would even have liked it. I'll give the Apple a try when I'm done with my Irish whiskey kick. Then on to scotch.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.