Home General Discussion
Options

Football is Back!!!!!!!!!!

TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats right ten exclamation points, I'm pumped! Not only are the Cowboys going to win the Super Bowl, but my second son is going to be born around the time the Cowboys start their historic playoff run.

Since the future Super Bowl Champs are playing in the Hall of Fame game this year, i thought it would be a good time for a few quick contests.

For those of you who don't know, the Hall of Fame is the first game of the NFL preseason, scheduled for 8PM EDT, Thursday August 5.

Contest 1 -
What will be the final score of the Hall of Fame game be?

Contest 2 -
How many rushing yards will Ezekiel Elliott have?

Contest 3 -
How many touchdowns will the Cowboys score?

Each winner gets a forum fiver, and tiebreakers will be decided as needed in whatever manner I feel like.

Contest closes at kickoff on Thursday.

Have fun, good luck and Go Cowboys!

Comments

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheKraken said:
    Thats right ten exclamation points, I'm pumped! Not only are the Cowboys going to win the Super Bowl, but my second son is going to be born around the time the Cowboys start their historic playoff run.

Since the future Super Bowl Champs are playing in the Hall of Fame game this year, i thought it would be a good time for a few quick contests.

For those of you who don't know, the Hall of Fame is the first game of the NFL preseason, scheduled for 8PM EDT, Thursday August 5.

Contest 1 -

Contest 2 -

Contest 3 -

Each winner gets a forum fiver, and tiebreakers will be decided as needed in whatever manner I feel like.

27 Pitt - 24 Cowboys

77 Rushing yards

3 TDs

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

35-24 cowboys
    0. He probably won’t play

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

34 pit 27 cowboys
    22 yards
    3 tds

• Options

Little less than a day to enter

• Options

@TheKraken said:
    Little less than 2 days to enter

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

@TheKraken said:

@TheKraken said:

I think I need some of whatever it is you're smoking or are you just taking the pressure off Cam_91 ?

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options

@d_blades said:

@TheKraken said:

@TheKraken said:

I think I need some of whatever it is you're smoking or are you just taking the pressure off Cam_91 ?

Well you can have exactly what I'm smoking if you win the contest 😁.

I just forgot what day it was last night.

Contest closes at kickoff tomorrow

• Options
    Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

Score: PIT 27-13 DAL (40pt total)

Zeke: 28yd

DAL TD: 1

• Options

@Vision said:

@TheKraken said:

Contest 1 -

Contest 2 -

Contest 3 -

77 Rushing yards

This is craaaazy. I’ll send you a 5er if he hits 70

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cam_91 said:

@Vision said:

@TheKraken said:

Contest 1 -

Contest 2 -

Contest 3 -

77 Rushing yards

This is craaaazy. I’ll send you a 5er if he hits 70

Done!

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

Score will be 18-12 stoolers

Zeke will have 8 yards

2 tds

Those are my disagrees with Tony and Nick. I don't know why your boycotting, but I'm guessing it's over some stupid politics thing. Whatever. The entire NFL Enterprise is made up of people from all ends of the political spectrum. All ends of the societal spectrum. All ends of the sanity spectrum.

So whether it's because people are pro-flag or people are anti-flag or people are pro activism or people have too much activism or people have not enough activism or people believe that black lives matter or people believe that all lives matter or people believe that cockroach lives matter or it's because players abuse women or coaches abuse women or owners abused women or women coaches abusing men or women coaches abusing other women or gay players or straight players or deflategate or anything else, It just doesn't matter.

I guess it's too bad that you let the very loud very small minority ruin your fun that the very large very quiet majority gives to you on a weekly basis. It's also ironic that If you root for college players and follow the college game, you'll have to stop rooting for those players and stop following the game just because they have new bosses.

Either way, it seems to me that it is more important for you that we know your wishes for the NFL to suck your assês more than it is for the NFL to actually suck your assês, And I'm doubting but most of the people who are playing in this contest or watching the NFL actually care which assês the NFL sucks first or at all.

Don't look ↑
  • Options

Jiminy crickets, can't we let this fine young man just have his contest without all of the stupid commentary?

Don't look ↑
  • Options

@VegasFrank said:
    Score will be 18-12 stoolers

Zeke will have 8 yards

2 tds

Those are my disagrees with Tony and Nick. I don't know why your boycotting, but I'm guessing it's over some stupid politics thing. Whatever. The entire NFL Enterprise is made up of people from all ends of the political spectrum. All ends of the societal spectrum. All ends of the sanity spectrum.

So whether it's because people are pro-flag or people are anti-flag or people are pro activism or people have too much activism or people have not enough activism or people believe that black lives matter or people believe that all lives matter or people believe that cockroach lives matter or it's because players abuse women or coaches abuse women or owners abused women or women coaches abusing men or women coaches abusing other women or gay players or straight players or deflategate or anything else, It just doesn't matter.

I guess it's too bad that you let the very loud very small minority ruin your fun that the very large very quiet majority gives to you on a weekly basis. It's also ironic that If you root for college players and follow the college game, you'll have to stop rooting for those players and stop following the game just because they have new bosses.

Either way, it seems to me that it is more important for you that we know your wishes for the NFL to suck your assês more than it is for the NFL to actually suck your assês, And I'm doubting but most of the people who are playing in this contest or watching the NFL actually care which assês the NFL sucks first or at all.

What he said

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

@VegasFrank said:
    Jiminy crickets, can't we let this fine young man just have his contest without all of the stupid commentary?

No, did mention they can lick my balls

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options

@Usaf06 said:

@VegasFrank said:

No, did mention they can lick my balls

I find your obsessive association between big burley football players and your genitalia to be quite disturbing.

Don't look ↑
  • Options

No skin off my back. I like the Cowboys, but I love football.

If the second statement has become offensive now, whatever. The first has always been.

One more day to enter!

• Options

I don't think the cowboys statement is offensive I more feel bad for you being so miss guided but that's besides the point ;)

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭

10-9 Pittsburgh

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-wont-let-cowboys-wear-decals-supporting-dallas-police-in-regular-season/

The Dallas Cowboys asked the NFL if the team could wear decals honoring the fallen members of the Dallas Police Department and the NFL, unsurprisingly, said no.

https://www.oregonlive.com/nfl/2020/08/nfl-to-allow-names-of-victims-of-systemic-racism-and-police-brutality-on-helmet-padding-report.html

The NFL will allow players to place the names of victims of police brutality and systemic racism on the padding on the backs of their helmets for the 2020 season, according to a report.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options

This is why the nfl can suck my asś. Has nothing to do with politics or single players. Its a league that supports criminals and vilifies police. I will not support an organization like that. If you do then you can't say you support police also. There is sides. You choose.

NFL Honors Criminal Dreasjon Reed Who Shot At Police, Wants You To 'Say His Name' –
    The NFL continued its season-long “Inspire Change” campaign on Wednesday by honoring none other than Dreasjon Reed, a man who was shot and killed by Indianapolis police in May after he shot at an officer during a foot chase. He led cops in a pursuit through the city and streamed the whole thing on Facebook Live.

“I’m not going to jail today. No sir,” Reed says on the Facebook Live video.

The NFL says Dreasjon, who police say pulled two drive-by shootings with the gun he used to shoot at cops, is one of 87 “victims of systemic racism, victims of police misconduct, and social justice heroes who will be honored with helmet decals worn by players.”

A grand jury decided in November not to charge Officer Dejoure Mercer with a crime in the case.

This isn’t the first time the NFL’s “Inspire Change” campaign, which wants you to say Reed’s name, has chosen to honor a questionable “victim” of systemic racism or police misconduct. You might remember earlier this fall when the league’s social media department chose to honor Althea Bernstein, the Wisconsin woman who claimed she was attacked with lighter fluid and set on fire.

The Department of Justice couldn’t find a single scrap of evidence that Bernstein was attacked, and her team of lawyers quickly asked for privacy after the DOJ’s findings. That didn’t stop the NFL from promoting her case.

And now here we are with the NFL asking fans to honor Reed, who stole the gun he used that day from a Texas pawn shop. “We have the still images from their surveillance video of him taking the gun,” an investigator said. Reed had three outstanding warrants at the time of his death, including felony intimidation and two for the stolen gun.

While all of this information has been available to the NFL’s social media team, they still ask us to say Reed’s name.

It’s an interesting strategy from a league that has yet to mention a single nurse, police officer, fireman, doctor, respiratory therapist, restaurant owner or bar owner on its Instagram page. Not one. No benefit to help bar owners who have been the backbone of the NFL for decades. No tributes to nurses battling COVID or nurses battling to stay alive after getting COVID while at work.

Instead, the NFL has chosen to use its power to honor a thug criminal who was a drag on society. It’s disgusting.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options

BTW, Reed was one of dozens of criminals made out to be hunted by police by the NFL. But hey, they run fast and score lots of points for your fantasy league.

-- Winston Churchill

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad you explained all that @Usaf06 , I was wondering what all the hostility was about. Of course, I don't give a crap about football at all, so I generally have no idea what's going on in that world.

I guess the last times I watched any football at all would have been at New Years parties, because everyone else was into it. Usually ended up going outside for a cigar while everyone screamed obscenities at the TV.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

Goddâmnit @VegasFrank look what you did.

@Usaf06 Thanks for the insight brotha. I genuinely enjoy hearing other's perspectives in regard to their beliefs. I'll re-read and look in depth about it when I get the time.

Oh and most importantly, @TheKraken Cowboys suck! Niiiiiinnnners

• Options

@Usaf06 said:
    This is why the nfl can suck my asś. Has nothing to do with politics or single players. Its a league that supports criminals and vilifies police. I will not support an organization like that. If you do then you can't say you support police also. There is sides. You choose.

NFL Honors Criminal Dreasjon Reed Who Shot At Police, Wants You To 'Say His Name' –
    The NFL continued its season-long “Inspire Change” campaign on Wednesday by honoring none other than Dreasjon Reed, a man who was shot and killed by Indianapolis police in May after he shot at an officer during a foot chase. He led cops in a pursuit through the city and streamed the whole thing on Facebook Live.

The NFL says Dreasjon, who police say pulled two drive-by shootings with the gun he used to shoot at cops, is one of 87 “victims of systemic racism, victims of police misconduct, and social justice heroes who will be honored with helmet decals worn by players.”

A grand jury decided in November not to charge Officer Dejoure Mercer with a crime in the case.

This isn’t the first time the NFL’s “Inspire Change” campaign, which wants you to say Reed’s name, has chosen to honor a questionable “victim” of systemic racism or police misconduct. You might remember earlier this fall when the league’s social media department chose to honor Althea Bernstein, the Wisconsin woman who claimed she was attacked with lighter fluid and set on fire.

The Department of Justice couldn’t find a single scrap of evidence that Bernstein was attacked, and her team of lawyers quickly asked for privacy after the DOJ’s findings. That didn’t stop the NFL from promoting her case.

And now here we are with the NFL asking fans to honor Reed, who stole the gun he used that day from a Texas pawn shop. “We have the still images from their surveillance video of him taking the gun,” an investigator said. Reed had three outstanding warrants at the time of his death, including felony intimidation and two for the stolen gun.

While all of this information has been available to the NFL’s social media team, they still ask us to say Reed’s name.

It’s an interesting strategy from a league that has yet to mention a single nurse, police officer, fireman, doctor, respiratory therapist, restaurant owner or bar owner on its Instagram page. Not one. No benefit to help bar owners who have been the backbone of the NFL for decades. No tributes to nurses battling COVID or nurses battling to stay alive after getting COVID while at work.

Instead, the NFL has chosen to use its power to honor a thug criminal who was a drag on society. It’s disgusting.

I didn't know about all of this, because I don't pay attention to anything outside of the football portion of the NFL. If these things make you completely done with the NFL, more power to you brother. Still doesn't change me, as I will still continue to watch the highest level of football because I enjoy it.

In case you didn't know, the NFL has 1 goal, to make money. Football is their medium, entertainment is their industry. They don't care about what causes they support, they just care that whatever cause they currently support raises their revenue and/or coverage. Wait a few years and they'll have a completely different media agenda.

But don't try to draw a false equivalency that anyone who supports the NFL doesn't support the police. You know that's crap, a lazy argument, and the exact same false equivalency that people who do vilify police use on those who support police.

And suck it @Cam_91!

• Options

@TheKraken said:

@Usaf06 said:

I didn't know about all of this, because I don't pay attention to anything outside of the football portion of the NFL. If these things make you completely done with the NFL, more power to you brother. Still doesn't change me, as I will still continue to watch the highest level of football because I enjoy it.

In case you didn't know, the NFL has 1 goal, to make money. Football is their medium, entertainment is their industry. They don't care about what causes they support, they just care that whatever cause they currently support raises their revenue and/or coverage. Wait a few years and they'll have a completely different media agenda.

But don't try to draw a false equivalency that anyone who supports the NFL doesn't support the police. You know that's crap, a lazy argument, and the exact same false equivalency that people who do vilify police use on those who support police.

And suck it @Cam_91!

As long as you enjoy it. Lol. So how much are you willing to overlook as long as you enjoy it?

-- Winston Churchill

• Options

@Cam_91 said:
    Goddâmnit @VegasFrank look what you did.

@Usaf06 Thanks for the insight brotha. I genuinely enjoy hearing other's perspectives in regard to their beliefs. I'll re-read and look in depth about it when I get the time.

Oh and most importantly, @TheKraken Cowboys suck! Niiiiiinnnners

Agreed except
    Paaackers