Options

Football is Back!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:

@TheKraken said:

@Usaf06 said:
    This is why the nfl can suck my asś. Has nothing to do with politics or single players. Its a league that supports criminals and vilifies police. I will not support an organization like that. If you do then you can't say you support police also. There is sides. You choose.

NFL Honors Criminal Dreasjon Reed Who Shot At Police, Wants You To 'Say His Name' –
    The NFL continued its season-long “Inspire Change” campaign on Wednesday by honoring none other than Dreasjon Reed, a man who was shot and killed by Indianapolis police in May after he shot at an officer during a foot chase. He led cops in a pursuit through the city and streamed the whole thing on Facebook Live.

“I’m not going to jail today. No sir,” Reed says on the Facebook Live video.

The NFL says Dreasjon, who police say pulled two drive-by shootings with the gun he used to shoot at cops, is one of 87 “victims of systemic racism, victims of police misconduct, and social justice heroes who will be honored with helmet decals worn by players.”

A grand jury decided in November not to charge Officer Dejoure Mercer with a crime in the case.

This isn’t the first time the NFL’s “Inspire Change” campaign, which wants you to say Reed’s name, has chosen to honor a questionable “victim” of systemic racism or police misconduct. You might remember earlier this fall when the league’s social media department chose to honor Althea Bernstein, the Wisconsin woman who claimed she was attacked with lighter fluid and set on fire.

The Department of Justice couldn’t find a single scrap of evidence that Bernstein was attacked, and her team of lawyers quickly asked for privacy after the DOJ’s findings. That didn’t stop the NFL from promoting her case.

And now here we are with the NFL asking fans to honor Reed, who stole the gun he used that day from a Texas pawn shop. “We have the still images from their surveillance video of him taking the gun,” an investigator said. Reed had three outstanding warrants at the time of his death, including felony intimidation and two for the stolen gun.

While all of this information has been available to the NFL’s social media team, they still ask us to say Reed’s name.

It’s an interesting strategy from a league that has yet to mention a single nurse, police officer, fireman, doctor, respiratory therapist, restaurant owner or bar owner on its Instagram page. Not one. No benefit to help bar owners who have been the backbone of the NFL for decades. No tributes to nurses battling COVID or nurses battling to stay alive after getting COVID while at work.

Instead, the NFL has chosen to use its power to honor a thug criminal who was a drag on society. It’s disgusting.

I didn't know about all of this, because I don't pay attention to anything outside of the football portion of the NFL. If these things make you completely done with the NFL, more power to you brother. Still doesn't change me, as I will still continue to watch the highest level of football because I enjoy it.

In case you didn't know, the NFL has 1 goal, to make money. Football is their medium, entertainment is their industry. They don't care about what causes they support, they just care that whatever cause they currently support raises their revenue and/or coverage. Wait a few years and they'll have a completely different media agenda.

But don't try to draw a false equivalency that anyone who supports the NFL doesn't support the police. You know that's crap, a lazy argument, and the exact same false equivalency that people who do vilify police use on those who support police.

And suck it @Cam_91!

As long as you enjoy it. Lol. So how much are you willing to overlook as long as you enjoy it?

Basically everything you listed... with room for more.

In addition, this is the equivalent of going to an NFL tailgate and pushing your stance through a megaphone. Just like at the tailgate, my response is... Agree to disagree bud. If you're not here to get wasted and belligerent then please go.

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:

@TheKraken said:

@Usaf06 said:
    This is why the nfl can suck my asś. Has nothing to do with politics or single players. Its a league that supports criminals and vilifies police. I will not support an organization like that. If you do then you can't say you support police also. There is sides. You choose.

NFL Honors Criminal Dreasjon Reed Who Shot At Police, Wants You To 'Say His Name' –
    The NFL continued its season-long “Inspire Change” campaign on Wednesday by honoring none other than Dreasjon Reed, a man who was shot and killed by Indianapolis police in May after he shot at an officer during a foot chase. He led cops in a pursuit through the city and streamed the whole thing on Facebook Live.

“I’m not going to jail today. No sir,” Reed says on the Facebook Live video.

The NFL says Dreasjon, who police say pulled two drive-by shootings with the gun he used to shoot at cops, is one of 87 “victims of systemic racism, victims of police misconduct, and social justice heroes who will be honored with helmet decals worn by players.”

A grand jury decided in November not to charge Officer Dejoure Mercer with a crime in the case.

This isn’t the first time the NFL’s “Inspire Change” campaign, which wants you to say Reed’s name, has chosen to honor a questionable “victim” of systemic racism or police misconduct. You might remember earlier this fall when the league’s social media department chose to honor Althea Bernstein, the Wisconsin woman who claimed she was attacked with lighter fluid and set on fire.

The Department of Justice couldn’t find a single scrap of evidence that Bernstein was attacked, and her team of lawyers quickly asked for privacy after the DOJ’s findings. That didn’t stop the NFL from promoting her case.

And now here we are with the NFL asking fans to honor Reed, who stole the gun he used that day from a Texas pawn shop. “We have the still images from their surveillance video of him taking the gun,” an investigator said. Reed had three outstanding warrants at the time of his death, including felony intimidation and two for the stolen gun.

While all of this information has been available to the NFL’s social media team, they still ask us to say Reed’s name.

It’s an interesting strategy from a league that has yet to mention a single nurse, police officer, fireman, doctor, respiratory therapist, restaurant owner or bar owner on its Instagram page. Not one. No benefit to help bar owners who have been the backbone of the NFL for decades. No tributes to nurses battling COVID or nurses battling to stay alive after getting COVID while at work.

Instead, the NFL has chosen to use its power to honor a thug criminal who was a drag on society. It’s disgusting.

I didn't know about all of this, because I don't pay attention to anything outside of the football portion of the NFL. If these things make you completely done with the NFL, more power to you brother. Still doesn't change me, as I will still continue to watch the highest level of football because I enjoy it.

In case you didn't know, the NFL has 1 goal, to make money. Football is their medium, entertainment is their industry. They don't care about what causes they support, they just care that whatever cause they currently support raises their revenue and/or coverage. Wait a few years and they'll have a completely different media agenda.

But don't try to draw a false equivalency that anyone who supports the NFL doesn't support the police. You know that's crap, a lazy argument, and the exact same false equivalency that people who do vilify police use on those who support police.

And suck it @Cam_91!

As long as you enjoy it. Lol. So how much are you willing to overlook as long as you enjoy it?

willing to overlook that my contest thread has been infiltrated for one

• Options

A little over an hour to enter

• Options

Entries closed.

Game time!

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:
    BTW, Reed was one of dozens of criminals made out to be hunted by police by the NFL. But hey, they run fast and score lots of points for your fantasy league.

Triggered!

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    edited August 2021

@VegasFrank said:

@Usaf06 said:
    BTW, Reed was one of dozens of criminals made out to be hunted by police by the NFL. But hey, they run fast and score lots of points for your fantasy league.

Triggered!

Seriously though Nick, I get it that you feel a certain way about something. Me too about other things. But don't tell me that I don't support something because I watch tv on Sunday. You have no idea what I support. I don't give two fücking shïts about a decal on a helmet, whether it's to support cops or support anything else. The only decal on my team's helmet is the American flag, and I'm fine with it. I also don't care about the name on the back of the helmet or the back of the jersey.

I guess what I'm saying Is that everyone understands that you support cops and that you don't support the NFL. Cool. We don't need to hear it on every NFL thread.
    Hopefully we won't have to going forward. Message received loud and clear. Give it a damn rest.

But I still love you...

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

@VegasFrank said:

@Usaf06 said:

Triggered!

Seriously though Nick, I get it that you feel a certain way about something. Me too about other things. But don't tell me that I don't support something because I watch tv on Sunday. You have no idea what I support. I don't give two fücking shïts about a decal on a helmet, whether it's to support cops or support anything else. The only decal on my team's helmet is the American flag, and I'm fine with it. I also don't care about the name on the back of the helmet or the back of the jersey.

I guess what I'm saying Is that everyone understands that you support cops and that you don't support the NFL. Cool. We don't need to hear it on every NFL thread.
    Hopefully we won't have to going forward. Message received loud and clear. Give it a damn rest.

But I still love you...

Maybe I just don't understand how you ignore what's in front of you because it entertains you. Its cool. Ya'll can have an NFL circle jerk. DGAF.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:

@VegasFrank said:

@VegasFrank said:

@Usaf06 said:

Triggered!

But I still love you...

Maybe I just don't understand how you ignore what's in front of you because it entertains you. Its cool. Ya'll can have an NFL circle jerk. DGAF.

Amd stop tagging me and dragging me back in here. Cam said to go. I'm out. 🖕🏼

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheKraken
    Thank you for the contest

• Options
    edited August 2021

@Usaf06 said:

@Usaf06 said:

@VegasFrank said:

@VegasFrank said:

@Usaf06 said:

Triggered!

But I still love you...

So what else is going on Nick? 😂

Don't look ↑
  • Options

@VegasFrank said:

@Usaf06 said:

@Usaf06 said:

@VegasFrank said:

@VegasFrank said:

@Usaf06 said:

Triggered!

But I still love you...

Oh @VegasFrank …. Why you messing with @Usaf06 ??

• Options

@Vision said:

@VegasFrank said:

@Usaf06 said:

@Usaf06 said:

@VegasFrank said:

@VegasFrank said:

@Usaf06 said:

Triggered!

But I still love you...

Because I love the shït out of that guy. AF vet and a cop.

Don't look ↑
  • Options

@VegasFrank said:

@Vision said:

@VegasFrank said:

@Usaf06 said:

@Usaf06 said:

@VegasFrank said:

@VegasFrank said:

@Usaf06 said:

Triggered!

But I still love you...

Because I love the shït out of that guy. AF vet and a cop.

Gotcha!

• Options
    Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

Really wasn’t bothered by any of it, but my disagree was this is Taylor’s thread where he was giving back to the forum. Three forum 5ers?! Super generous, just odd to see it get shát on. Cowboys were already going to sh*t themselves and that’s bad enough cause Taylor was so excited.. I mean ten gdamn exclamation points and a super bowl reference. Did he not see this coming? LMAO Today’s game couldn’t have matched this thread any better, it was truly perfect *Chef’s kiss

Just a reminder why this forum is so great. Cause we can disagree and still show love.

Edit: Almost forgot.. appreciated the NFL circle jerk part Nick, got a good laugh Lol

Post edited by Cam_91 on
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,792 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great game . . . for the Steelers, and a good contest.

• Options

Only a preseason game but d@mn that was a poor showing! I guess the Cowgirls can only go up from here, right? @Rdp77 has my back with the guesses, appreciate your optimism my man!

Thanks for playing! Not the direction I thought this contest and thread would go but hopefully everyone had a good time. Success in my book. And @Cam_91 keeps his cigars!

Final Score: 3-16
    Zeke: DNP, 0 yards
    TDs by Cowboys: 0

For the winners:
    Final Score: @d_blades
    Zeke yards: Tiebreaker @Rdp77 and @d_blades
    TDs: Tiebreaker - @rsherman24 and @d_blades

Dave going for the sweep! Tiebreakers below, one guess per person per tiebreaker. I'll pick winner based on how close the answers are.

Tiebreaker 1 - @Rdp77 @d_blades

What is my Dog's first and middle name?

Tiebreaker 2 - @rsherman24 and @d_blades

What was my number when I first started playing football?

• Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,792 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tiebreaker 2 - @rsherman24 and @d_blades

What was my number when I first started playing football?

I will say 7

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

How about I concede the tiebreakers? Thanks for the contest!

Post edited by d_blades on

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dogs name? Benedict Fidel

• Options

@d_blades said:
    How about I concede the tiebreakers? Thanks for the contest!

Up to you Dave.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes thanks for contest bud.

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:
    Dogs name? Benedict Fidel

Hershel Walker 😂

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options

I'm all about Spread'n the Love, so I concede.

• Options

@d_blades a generous man!

That does it folks.

@d_blades @Rdp77 @rsherman24 are the winners, congratulations guys!

Please pm me your addresses and I will try to get them out tomorrow.

Thanks again all!

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cam_91 said:
    I’d like to see this keep going simply for the dog names Lol

Bark Twain?

I like that one

• Options

Betty Cocker

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheKraken said:
    @d_blades a generous man!

That does it folks.

@d_blades @Rdp77 @rsherman24 are the winners, congratulations guys!

Please pm me your addresses and I will try to get them out tomorrow.

Thanks again all!

That’s ok...return fire will be in order for @d_blades in the near future

And thanks for the contest!

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of my in-laws named their dog "com'ere". Com'ere stay. Stay com'ere.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.