Home General Discussion

Just another contest

d_bladesd_blades near Table RockPosts: 2,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

I spend October and this year part of November harvesting walnuts for extra cash. Guess how many pounds I got for a forum fiver. Contest ends midnight Sunday.

Turning money into smoke...about five bucks at a time, inflation adjusted to six bucks.
My truck and I both smoke Diesel.
Master of Yard Gars

Democracy is 51% of the people taking away the rights of the other 49%.
Thomas Jefferson

There is no justification for taking away individuals' freedom in the guise of public safety.
Thomas Jefferson

«1

Comments

  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Real ManPosts: 13,873 ✭✭✭✭✭

    207.4 lbs

    Don't look ↑
  • WylaffWylaff < < < HipsterPosts: 5,163 ✭✭✭✭✭

    372.6.
    I'll take 5 lbs.

    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

    At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • silvermousesilvermouse Cape CodPosts: 15,678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

    Black or English walnuts?!

    1,721 lbs.

  • d_bladesd_blades near Table RockPosts: 2,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

    Black and the weight is after the hulls are removed.

    Post edited by d_blades on

    Turning money into smoke...about five bucks at a time, inflation adjusted to six bucks.
    My truck and I both smoke Diesel.
    Master of Yard Gars

    Democracy is 51% of the people taking away the rights of the other 49%.
    Thomas Jefferson

    There is no justification for taking away individuals' freedom in the guise of public safety.
    Thomas Jefferson

  • JrflicksterJrflickster Rhinelander, WIPosts: 2,906 ✭✭✭✭✭

    1200lbs

  • jsnakejsnake Kansas CityPosts: 5,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

    181 lbs

  • YaksterYakster Lead Necroposter and vHerf wardenPosts: 21,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

    1776 lb, thank you for the contest. Did you keep any?

    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

                  Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • d_bladesd_blades near Table RockPosts: 2,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Not this year, still have plenty.

    Turning money into smoke...about five bucks at a time, inflation adjusted to six bucks.
    My truck and I both smoke Diesel.
    Master of Yard Gars

    Democracy is 51% of the people taking away the rights of the other 49%.
    Thomas Jefferson

    There is no justification for taking away individuals' freedom in the guise of public safety.
    Thomas Jefferson

  • deadmandeadman Midland, NCPosts: 8,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

    647 lbs.

  • silvermousesilvermouse Cape CodPosts: 15,678 ✭✭✭✭✭

    got a hint about how to crack them? I ended up using a vise and Vise-grips, lol. Tough buggers but the squirrels don't seem to have any trouble.

  • ShawnOLShawnOL The People's Communist Republic of MassachusettsPosts: 6,031 ✭✭✭✭✭

    57lbs

  • rsherman24rsherman24 Scranton, PAPosts: 6,187 ✭✭✭✭✭

    123 Lbs

  • MrShrekMrShrek Murfreesboro, TNPosts: 1,018 ✭✭✭✭✭

    354 lbs.

  • Rdp77Rdp77 Curmudgeon in trainingPosts: 3,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

    45

  • VisionVision Posts: 7,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

    73.22 lbs
    Lots of guys talking about nuts tho ehh?

  • CommanderDuke1_CommanderDuke1_ Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

    38lbs.

  • RhamlinRhamlin WVPosts: 8,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

    1201 lbs😂

  • JrflicksterJrflickster Rhinelander, WIPosts: 2,906 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Oh you got me good :o

  • d_bladesd_blades near Table RockPosts: 2,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

    When I said after the hulls are removed, that's the outer green part, not the actual hard shell.
    No guesses are in the neighborhood yet

    Turning money into smoke...about five bucks at a time, inflation adjusted to six bucks.
    My truck and I both smoke Diesel.
    Master of Yard Gars

    Democracy is 51% of the people taking away the rights of the other 49%.
    Thomas Jefferson

    There is no justification for taking away individuals' freedom in the guise of public safety.
    Thomas Jefferson

  • JrflicksterJrflickster Rhinelander, WIPosts: 2,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

    2720lbs @Rhamlin

  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Real ManPosts: 13,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

    6000.1 pounds

    Don't look ↑
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Scranton, PAPosts: 6,187 ✭✭✭✭✭

    1765 Lbs

  • WylaffWylaff < < < HipsterPosts: 5,163 ✭✭✭✭✭

    17254.4 Lbs

    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

    At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • silvermousesilvermouse Cape CodPosts: 15,678 ✭✭✭✭✭

    How do you hull them? Pile them up and drive over them a bunch of times? Are your fingers still orange?

  • BullSquatchBullSquatch Troutman, NCPosts: 507 ✭✭✭✭✭

    26lbs

    "Some people meditate, I smoke cigars." - Ron Perlman
    "...I intend to go home tonight and smoke a cigar to the glory of God." - Charles Spurgeon
    Two Time Cigar Lottery Winner
    Buck Fiden!

  • d_bladesd_blades near Table RockPosts: 2,864 ✭✭✭✭✭


    Hulling machines, green nuts go into the bins at the bottom, up the conveyor into a rotating drum, nuts come out the center and get bagged, hulls drop out the bottom and feed out the conveyor to the right.

    Turning money into smoke...about five bucks at a time, inflation adjusted to six bucks.
    My truck and I both smoke Diesel.
    Master of Yard Gars

    Democracy is 51% of the people taking away the rights of the other 49%.
    Thomas Jefferson

    There is no justification for taking away individuals' freedom in the guise of public safety.
    Thomas Jefferson

  • VisionVision Posts: 7,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

    732 lbs

  • d_bladesd_blades near Table RockPosts: 2,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I've never seen one of the ones pictured above, only singles, but 5 gallons buckets are used to gather the nuts.

    Turning money into smoke...about five bucks at a time, inflation adjusted to six bucks.
    My truck and I both smoke Diesel.
    Master of Yard Gars

    Democracy is 51% of the people taking away the rights of the other 49%.
    Thomas Jefferson

    There is no justification for taking away individuals' freedom in the guise of public safety.
    Thomas Jefferson

  • TBonzTBonz Eastern, NCPosts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭

    7527 pounds...have no idea where that # came from but I'm going with it...

Sign In or Register to comment.