Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Another Even Dumber Contest

Comments

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭✭✭

January 19th

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,400 ✭✭✭✭✭

ah, civilized suburban life, blow them on to the street and pay the city to take them away with their machines, lol. Just shred them with your mower and leave them in the grass. Your lawn will thank you, Or bag them and use them for mulch on your flower beds. Saves water, enriches the soil. Better than driving to the garden center and buying mulch in plastic bags, driving home, spreading the mulch and putting the plastic bags in the trash and paying for the city to haul away with their big machines. People have no common sense.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, in principle, Edward. But because of the population density and the number of city trees along the streets, there isn't a better solution than them doing what they do; collecting and composting the leaves to be used in the city's own landscapes. There are simply too many trees for individual homeowners to mulch/compost for themselves.

I do mulch w/ my mower while I can but if I did so w/ the entire season's leaf-fall I'd smother my lawn under inches of mulch. And the city trees' leaves would pile up in the streets and be a traffic hazard when they're wet, not to mention we'll soon be getting snowplows coming through that would just pile them back up onto the grass along the curb and kill all of that.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,126 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, we pay our city to collect yard waste as described, compost it, and sell it back to us.

I do composting on a smaller scale at home.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

The wind just blows mine into the woods......Or into my roof gutters.

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

Multiple trees and fence around three sides, requires I use this once or twice a year. Probably got another two weeks before all the leaves are down.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

I'm going to say this contest is closed. It was even dumber on my part than I thought. My apologies for all the brain-wracking energy devoted in your guesses. @Jrflickster already got one of the 'winner' prizes, so we'll just let this play out and call it a day.

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are the leaves gone?

A little dirt never hurt
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,080 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dirtdude said:
    Are the leaves gone?

Are they gone yet????

You put us through this, we want a daily count

@rsherman24 said:

@dirtdude said:
    Are the leaves gone?

Are they gone yet????

You put us through this, we want a daily count

Daily photo coming up, starting a week from tomorrow. I promise.

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bet those leaves are gone now