Home Non Cigar Related
Options

What stupid day is it today?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 12

It's also National Grilled Cheese Sandwich day.

I know what I'm having for lunch today.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

well, it's 4/20, but for those of us who do not partake, it's also Lima Bean Respect Day!

• Options

Following on the heels of Lima Bean Respect Day, April 21 is National Chickpea Day, figures....

Also, The State of Texas celebrates San Jacinto Day every year on April 21. It commemorates the Battle of San Jacinto, also known as Batalla de San Jacinto, that finally ended the Texas Revolution in La Porte and Pasadena, Texas. Under the command of General Samuel Houston on April 21, 1836, the Texan Army triumphed over the Mexican army led by General Antonio López de Santa Anna, who eventually signed a peace treaty that forced Mexican troops to retreat from the state. Consequently, the Republic of Texas became an independent country.

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lots of Bowie Knifes in that fight. Santa Anna Tried to escape dressed as a regular soldier and got caught.

• Options

making a cup of dandelion flower tea to celebrate Earth Day. Also National Jelly Bean Day and the first day of Passover for those who celebrate those. Something for everybody!

from Xerces Society:
    "Happy Earth Day! Bugs are in trouble, and our yards are part of the answer
    To use our little slices of the world to support bugs, we need to provide the right conditions for these animals to take shelter, find food and water, and reproduce. Traditional landscaping practices almost never meet all these needs for most animals. But it’s easy to add small features, like a rock pile, water source, or leafy corner, that can make a big difference for wildlife!

These microhabitats are our focus at Xerces for this year’s Earth Week! Each day on our blog, we will be highlighting the importance of a different habitat feature, teaching you how to build it, and introducing you to the wonderful bugs that need it to thrive."

• Options

It is also Love Your Thighs Day, win win for herfers.

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

May the 4th be with you

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

My daughter's birthday, also. In case you didn't know. Tomorrow is Mexican Christmas.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

Happy Joseph Brackett Day!
    It's a struggle to Keep it simple in this world.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think today was Ask Stupid Questions Day.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's the Summer Solstice today. Longest day of the year.