Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Note To Self

2»

Comments

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

Makes for a good diet.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not bad, especially fresh. I've been keeping the kernels in Mylar bags to help with freshness and I can add butter and seasonings after I pop it, but I really hated having to clean pots and other microwave poppers that I've used butter and oil in. I really hate hand washing and want to run everything through an automatic dishwasher these days.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Air popper is what you need.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

I seriously thought about that. I thought I had an air popper, but couldn't find it. I do have one that I've used for roasting coffee, but it doesn't have the popcorn lid anymore. I didn't really want yet another appliance to put in the cupboard or counter so I found a collapsible popcorn popper for the microwave that works great and doesn't take a lot of space. I've been using it all the time.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,738 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep the popcorn, I'll just eat the oil and butter

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where's the ROTFLMAO button?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Note to self; follow the advice you've heard forever, "Don't stick anything smaller than your elbow into your ear."

Yesterday, upon rising, I couldn't hear in my right ear. After some probing w/ my little finger and a Q-Tip some wax came out and everything seemed normal. Same thing today, but no results. Went to a general m.d. who said he couldn't flush it out because it was too far in after my Q-Tip handiwork. He referred me to an ENT doc but they don't take emergency appointments and May 16th is the soonest opening they have. I am irked, with them, but more so w/with myself for making things worse.

It's amazing how weird it is to not have two ears working together.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

I've used a Debrox Earwax Removal Kit, comes with a bulb to irrigate the ear with water afterwards. It seemed to work. I've got an audiologist appointment tomorrow for Tinnitus, we'll see what she says.

• Options

The nurse that took care of me before the doc came in said if there was any chance that irrigation wouldn't work they wouldn't even try it because if water gets behind the wax clump it won't dry out and that causes another whole set of problems.

• Options

Sticks with a closed foot get me every time. I think they're dumb; I get why they're made that way, but for me, it's a dumb idea.