Home Non Cigar Related
Options

The Thought Pool

13»

Comments

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

I tend to agree with this thought from G.K. Chesterton.

“The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid.”

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    MrPossumMrPossum Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭✭

“Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out” on my journey of understanding and keeping an open mind, it would do well for me to reflect on that quote from time to time as to not become ignorant of my sometimes naïve thought processes

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrPossum check your inbox.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dayum..... I like this thread

• Options

@Wylaff said:
    my God told me to love you, and that's ultimately what I strive for.

Gee willikers, Wayne, you're gonna make me blush talkin' like that!

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wylaff said:
    34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

If you believe that Jesus came and died as the fulfillment of the law, then you have to take the Old Testament as background to learn from. Jesus turned religion on its head. The rules and requirements people use to belittle and attack each other are no longer the rules and requirements we live under. We live under the new covanent, in which Jesus has never once told us to stop other people from being wrong. He never told us to punish sinners. He told us to love each other. He told us to let that love shine through so that through us and our actions others would come to know him. He told us not to throw stones if we have sinned.

Whatever you believe in, my God told me to love you, and that's ultimately what I strive for.

Thank you Wayne, that's exactly what I've been trying to say, only put better. I guess it helps if you let Jesus do most of the talking.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking at the what your smoking threads makes me very jealous of all you guys able to smoke throughout the day. I find myself thinking of what I am going to smoke Sunday because that is the next time I will be able to have one.

• Options
    edited July 2022

@genareddog most days I smoke a premium rillo, American spirit or house blend/mixed filler, they’re all nice cheap and fast alternatives

• Options

I thought this was a good idea once.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

Earlier I posted a long winded thought in here. It is awaiting approval for some reason. I’m not sure what it is that triggers the approval system but I didn’t use any form of profanity or tag anyone which seem to be the usual culprits. @TheCigarChick any ideas?

• Options

My idea of you
    Is not your responsibility
    To live up to.

Follow my posts for more entirely, 100% original thoughts.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someday, I hope to become what my grandchildren think I am.

Not really that deep a thought, but one that occurred to me.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options

@0patience said:
    Someday, I hope to become what my grandchildren think I am.

Not really that deep a thought, but one that occurred to me.

I consider this a deep thought, as many fail to realize they are not who their young children or grandchildren think them to be. You've already won half battle, brother.

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why do good things happen to bad people and why do bad things happen to good people?