Home General Discussion
Options

Mule Town Herf 2023 Official Thread

TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Mule Town Herf is happening and will be on the weekend of April 21-23. Saturday location is Briarworks in Columbia TN. Please use this post thread since dates have changed. Tagging guys that have shown interest.
@Bob_Luken @Rdp77 @0patience @Amos_Umwhat @Patrickbrick @genareddog @rsherman24 @IndustMech @Yakster @Rhamlin @VegasFrank @CalvinAndHobo @Trykflyr_1

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022

Shouldn't be a problem for me.
    We might be making an offer on 23 acres in Huntingdon.
    We have some things to check out before we do.
    The driveway will take some doing, so gonna have to talk to the county to make sure I can improve the entrance off the county road.
    If I can improve it, the getting machines in and out will be a pain.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options

Can we start getting a head count on who plans on showing up

• Options
    MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

How ya going to leave the local ogre out? I’ll be there.

• Options

@MrShrek said:
    How ya going to leave the local ogre out? I’ll be there.

Never leave you out my friend

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gena and I should be there. I will make sure nobody else is off that Saturday. Will let you know for sure Tuesday when we reopen.

• Options

We will be there Saturday.

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bummer I go to the boat on the 20th

• Options

@Rhamlin said:
    Bummer I go to the boat on the 20th

That sucks!

• Options

It's time to start getting excited about the Mule Town Herf. Who all is coming? Let's get excited!!!

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

Heaven South Ranch, Santa Fe, TN (Says 15 min to Columbia) $170

$696 total for 3 nights if y'all want to start the party on Thursday.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/751393804745349884?adults=7&check_in=2023-04-20&check_out=2023-04-23&source_impression_id=p3_1675575380_6IZyze4SinlcVl9Z

About this space
    Welcome. Enjoy the peace and quiet of life relaxing on a 35 acre ranch just 3 miles from Williamson County in N. Maury County. Single level home. Bring the kids for ping pong, cornhole, bbq, frisbee, counting stars, fireflies, escaping the city, watching the goats, horses and wildlife in the country. Bring your larger group or horses for an extra fee. 15 min. to Leiper's Fork/Franklin, Columbia/Spring Hill, 45 min to Nashville/airport. Heaven South Ranch dot com for full photo tour.
    The space
    The home sits on 5 acres of a 35 acre ranch. The horses and goats roam just beyond the fence, and the goats may be in your yard; all friendly as is the Great Pyrenees guard dog Diva. The back room has a full size tempur-pedic pull out mattress under the red couch and a full bathroom; inside are 3 large bedrooms and 2 more full baths, kitchen is full and stocked, and the diner is a sweet addition for morning coffee plus an antique table to sit 8. The home is 2250 sq. ft. with a back room, back porch and picnic table. We also provide the grill, and fire pit, and you can hear the creek from the back porch.
    Walk along the creek, or in it, or put your chair in the creek and listen to the restful sounds. Bring the kids for ping pong, cornhole, bbq, frisbee, counting the stars, fireflies, and escaping the city, We provide plenty of games and movies if you prefer to stay in. Bring your horses or host a group for an extra fee. 15 min. to Leiper's Fork/Franklin, Columbia or Spring Hill (20 min.), 45 min to airport. Visit Heaven South Ranch dot com for full photo tour. Country life with the city just 15 minutes away. Heaven South.
    Guest access
    The entire house and 5 acres.
    Other things to note
    RV hookup available; horse trailers, and the possibility to rent pasture if needed. Can also accommodate large groups for an extra fee.

Post edited by Bob_Luken on
  • Options

I think we will stay right off the interstate at one of the hotels. If I remember right it was only a 15 minute drive away.

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of my coworkers beat me to the punch and got their time off request approved earlier than I submitted mine. That means I'm second in line and they can't approve mine until a few weeks before, because they have to find someone willing to work overtime before they can approve it. Normally that's not a problem, but I can't officially say I'm going until a few weeks in advance.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't disappoint Daisy.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

So who all we have coming to this shindig?

Roll Call:
    1. @TNBigfoot68
    2. @Bob_Luken
    3. @0patience
    4. @MrShrek

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am hoping to be there.
    We should be closing on a house and property at the end of March.
    So we should be good to go.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

I should be there

• Options

@MrShrek said:

Roll Call:
    1. @TNBigfoot68
    2. @Bob_Luken
    3. @0patience
    4. @MrShrek
    5. @Rdp77

• Options

We will be there.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭✭✭

But you weren't tagged @CalvinAndHobo
    Oops

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll be there, probably drive through Wednesday night and get in early Thursday morning.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

Looking forward to it. It won't be long now.

• Options

All booked for Saturday night in Columbia and Sunday night in Nashville.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me too.

Are we still allowed to say that? Now you guys can say you've been "me too'd". Don't tell your wives.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain