Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

The "How Fast Will Hobbes86's House Sell" Contest

Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2023 in Trades, Passes and Bombs

I will soon be listing my house for sale. How long will it take to sell? Leave you're guesses below! Whoever has the guess closest to the actual length of time, wins!

The winner will receive a delivery from me.

Just to be clear, you are not guessing the date it will be sold. You are guessing the number of whole days from listing for sale, to signing the closing papers.

All guesses must be submitted before I officially list my house for sale. I will post in this thread at that time.

If you don't see a post from me declaring the guessing window closed, then your guess is still welcome.

Enjoy!

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

Tagged:

Comments

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brother Hobbes, after being MIA for so long, I am not participating but hope yours goes as fast as ours did. listing to closing was 18 days.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Diver43 said:
    Brother Hobbes, after being MIA for so long, I am not participating but hope yours goes as fast as ours did. listing to closing was 18 days.

I would be very happy with that time-frame!

Hopefully we'll see you around the forum more often from now on. :)

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

• cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

30 days. Thanks for the contest!

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

25 days. Good luck. Where you planning on moving?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

Thxs for the contest

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope it's shorter.
    Thanks for the contest.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭✭✭

Closest without going over? (someone guesses 58, someone guesses 62, actual is 60, who wins?)

• WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great idea for a contest. My guess is 60 days

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TRayB said:

Closest without going over? (someone guesses 58, someone guesses 62, actual is 60, who wins?)

I would win 😂

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• ArashArash Posts: 18 ✭✭✭

90 days

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TRayB said:

That's a good question! Closest without going over is what I'll roll with.

@ShawnOL said:
    25 days. Good luck. Where you planning on moving?

I'm moving back to my old house that I was renting out. I still live in the same town, just a different street and house number.

It feels great being back here, the original wood trim, more windows, the creaky floor, quieter neighborhood, it is magical to me right now.

By the way, it is not lost on me that none of you know my address, but I know yours!

• CommanderDuke1_CommanderDuke1_ Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does one need to be on the good traders list to enter the contest?

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

Google says 83 so 83.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

@peter4jc said:
    Does one need to be on the good traders list to enter the contest?

Don't make my inexperience in conducting contests any more obvious than it already is!

Yes, guesses should be made by members on the Good Traders list. If you aren't on the list, get on it! If you conduct your newbie trade before the end of the contest your guess will count. I am willing to sponsor anyone in need of a newbie trade.

I'm out then. You should have specified that in the OP. What does being a good trader have to do with a giveaway? Are you expecting something in return?

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TRayB said:
    I'm out then. You should have specified that in the OP. What does being a good trader have to do with a giveaway? Are you expecting something in return?

Calm your t*ts, pal.

@Hobbes86 said:

@TRayB said:

Calm your t*ts, pal.

They are perfectly calm. :) In fact, they don't move at all. (Well, maybe a little, but I am working on it.)
    I just don't want to get involved in trading at this point. Since you added the requirement, what did you want me to do, not say count me out?

@TRayB said:
    I just don't want to get involved in trading at this point. Since you added the requirement, what did you want me to do, not say count me out?

I'm fine with you declaring yourself out, just stay away from unnecessary and inaccurate insinuations in regards to my motivations for requiring partakers to be on the Good Traders list.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

Being on the Good Trader's List is a default requirement for trades, passes, games, etc. but since this is @Hobbes86 first giveaway we can cut him some slack for not explicitly spelling it out. We've been burned in the past which is why these protocols are in place.

@TRayB let me know if you want to do a newbie trade at some point.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

.> @TRayB said:

Do you need a hug

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jrflickster said:
    .> @TRayB said:

Do you need a hug

I don't need a hug but I could use someone willing to crawl under my house and check the cable feed for me.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

If you weren't way over there I could definitely do that I'd just run a new cable might as well since you're under there

@Hobbes86 said:

@TRayB said:

I'm fine with you declaring yourself out, just stay away from unnecessary and inaccurate insinuations in regards to my motivations for requiring partakers to be on the Good Traders list.

@Hobbes86, I apologize for my last sentence. I just wish the rules were more clear from the start, I wouldn't have posted in this thread. Good luck with the house sale.

@Yakster said:
    Being on the Good Trader's List is a default requirement for trades, passes, games, etc. but since this is @Hobbes86 first giveaway we can cut him some slack for not explicitly spelling it out. We've been burned in the past which is why these protocols are in place.

@TRayB let me know if you want to do a newbie trade at some point.

@Yakster, thanks for the clarification on the rules. It seemed they were just being made up as it goes along, at least in this instance.

As I mentioned, I don't want to get involved in trading right now. No reason in particular, I just don't.