Home General Discussion

Can I sell my cigar collection here?

Due to dental issues my son can no longer smoke cigars or he may lose his dental implants. He just gave them all to me and after asking a local cigar shop owner, he said they can't buy them from anyone other than a licensed distributor (legally).

Here is a list of what I have. They are stored in 3 air tight coolers.

•   Ted’s cigars, The Bourbon Cigar silver caps 30 yr anniversary (25)  $225
•   Ted’s cigars, The Bourbon Cigar red caps (23) 6x50  $200
•   Oliva Serie V Melano Robusto (10) 5x52  $66
•   Carlos Torano Reserva Decadencia (20) x6  5x50  $185 a box
•   CAO Flathead 660 carb silver and red box (24) 6x60  $160
•   CAO Flathead 554 camshaft silver and black box (24) 5.5x54  $144
•   CAO Flathead 642 piston silver and blue box (30) 6 1/2 x 42  $169
•   CAO Flathead 450 sparkplug silver and green box (25) 4 1/2 x 50  $134
•   Connecticut by Rock Patel Robusto (20) 5.5x50  $100
•   Macanudo Inspirado White Robusto (20) 5x50  $120
•   Macanudo Montego y cia gold label Duke of York (25) x3  5.25x54  $217 a box
•   La Perla Habana classic belicoso (20) 6.2x52  $75
•   Macanudo Montego y cia cafe Duke of York (14) x3 5.2x54  $207 per box
•   Macanudo Montego y cia exquisite cigar miniatures (10 packs of 8)  3.7x24  $107
•   Chillin’ moose Robusto grey box (20) x2  5x50  $60 per box
•   Perdomo Habano Connecticut (16) x2 5x54  $178 for a box of 24
•   Heartfield and company Gurkha Connecticut​​ Toro (30) 6x50  $270
•   Macanudo Inspirado The Colony Texas Exclusive (10)  $180
•   Macanudo Bourbon flavor (20) 5x50  $170
•   Perdomo Cabinet Series Ltd Champagne 10th anniversary (15) 5x54 $40 per 5 pack
•   La Flor De Cuesta Rey Robusto No. 7 (10) 4 1/2 x 50  $53
•   Republica Dominica Cigars (20) x2  $70
•   Perla Del Mar PDM Shade Robusto (5)  4 3/4  x 52  $30
•   Davidoff Millennium Short Robusto (19) 4 1/4  x 52  $426
•   Davidoff Signature Petit Corona (26) 4 1/2 x 41  $365

The prices are what we found them to sell for (retail prices) on-line. the (x2) means we have 2 boxes. I have pictures I can send if anyone is interested. I'd like to find someone local to take them all but I'm open to shipping them too.

This is my first post, I have zero credibility here so I get that this will be met with skepticism but it's worth a try. Contact me if you're interested and "Let's Make A Deal"

Answers

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.

...but I wouldn't give you 5 for them...

Thanks for the laughs!

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • GaryElmerGaryElmer Posts: 16

Thanks for that Frank - LOL

Maybe after you get your reparations check we could make a deal, maybe not.

@GaryElmer said:
    Maybe after you get your reparations check we could make a deal, maybe not.

We don't all have big glue money like you, or are you the the kind of Elmer whose gun was tied into a bow tie by bugs Bunny? Fuçking moron.

Go hunt for wabbits somewhere else...

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you know you have no credibility around here, then why are you trying to sell them at retail prices?

We don't even know how well they were stored.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

I provided the Retail prices for reference only, that's not my asking price, I open to any offers.

Like I said in the post, they have been stored in air tight Igloo coolers. Many of them are packaged in sealed glass tubes.

Easy does it Frankie, maybe you should be puffin' on some Wacky Tobaccy, you seem a little agitated.

I'm curious, why isn't your son the one trying to sell them?

He's too lazy.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

Helicopter parenting a son old enough to own cigars, hmmm, sounds like trouble.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    edited June 2023

If we can get 4 people to tag the first post in this thread as spam, then the post won't Regen to the top of the pile every time Elmer fudd makes a reply....

He told me he has over 5K invested in them. Then he said he was just going to give them away, I said "Are you insane?" I'll try to sell them and we'll split the money.

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

DZR

No, he's the King :-)

Does anyone make a sale on here or is it just a bunch of back and forth B.S.ing?

@GaryElmer said:
    Does anyone make a sale on here or is it just a bunch of back and forth B.S.ing?

You certainly aren't making a sale here.

• 11thGenSoutherner11thGenSoutherner Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GaryElmer said:

Not the way you've attempted it.

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GaryElmer most of those cigars don’t carry much weight with this group. Even if you were to get past the scrutiny of not having any credibility this would still be the wrong place. You also may want to do a little more research on those prices.
    I also see house brands from Ted’s cigars. Are you in the Louisville area? If so they shouldn’t be hard to get rid of locally.

That's fine, I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm not a cigar smoker but I can tell some of these are pretty fancy. Not sure how I mis-handled this offering, just responding to the old curmudgeon's on here in like kind.

@Rdp77 said:
    @GaryElmer most of those cigars don’t carry much weight with this group. Even if you were to get past the scrutiny of not having any credibility this would still be the wrong place. You also may want to do a little more research on those prices.
    I also see house brands from Ted’s cigars. Are you in the Louisville area? If so they shouldn’t be hard to get rid of locally.

Your curmudgeon training must be lacking of late, Rusty.

Again, the prices listed are the retail prices we found while researching the value of the collection, that's not our asking price, we're open to any offers.

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok $50 and I’ll pay for shipping

Ok, shipping will cost you $600.00

I'm not up to speed on the legality of selling tobacco products, if it's illegal I suppose I'll just do what my son wanted to do in the first place and just give them away to someone local.

@GaryElmer said:
    I'm not up to speed on the legality of selling tobacco products, if it's illegal I suppose I'll just do what my son wanted to do in the first place and just give them away to someone local.

That was always your best course of action.