Home General Discussion

Can I sell my cigar collection here?

2»

Answers

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

I'm special. My doctor said so. Send them to me. Most of them are yard gars, anyway.ill pay actual shipping. What brand are the coolers?

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GaryElmer
    Advice:
    1. This forum gets targeted from time to time be people trying to scam or benefit themselves at our expense. Not knowing you we will be sceptical.
    2. The prices posted and way the first post read seemed to imply these are the the prices or close to it. Many guys on here buy in bulk with discounts or auction sites, which would make the posted prices very high. Especially without knowing you.
    3. I've had my top teeth pulled and still smoke. Your son my regret selling all of his cigars
    4. If you still are wanting to sell them I would try small samplers at very low prices so that people could decide for themselves if they trust you or not.
    5. Best idea tell your son get on the forum meet new people give it some time and keep smoking. Personally it sounds like a knee-jerk reaction, that is if I'm legit in believing everything posted and showing trust.

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • GaryElmerGaryElmer Posts: 16

Thank you for the advice. My son got his teeth knocked out in a fight a few years ago. Thankfully he has settled down since then. His front implants took a couple of years to get fully installed. His dentist told him if he continues to smoke cigars there is a decent chance the implants will fail, thus he decided to just drop the cigar smoking all together.

As I said in my post, the prices in the list are what we found the cigars to be selling for online to retail consumers. We were hoping to get twenty five cents on the dollar of those prices (if we were lucky).

I was also hoping to sell the whole lot to someone and would rather not try to piecemeal them out.

I will share all these replies with him next time he comes over.

Thanks again to everyone who replied - peace out.

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

As stated most of that “collection” is garbage and your prices are way high. I’d consider the davidoffs if you provide a real price and ship first though. FYI you are high on retail for full boxes on most of these while offering not full boxes, not a good look.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

You could try Craigslist, offer up or facebook marketplace locally. List them as a collectible and price them to move. You may get a buyer if someone can check them out or you have a presence on other types of forums. I traded a bunch of cigars for ammo once lol. Just be sure to state only 18+ and if anyone looks young then ask for ID.

Folks will be apprehensive round here, your son may have stored them in a sock-drawer-a-dor for all we know (some of the old banter bros may get the reference lol). You could also not have a son and be a scammer. Good luck on your objective. Your son made the right decision if the story is true. Smart move.

Good day

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CAcigarguy007 said:
    You could try Craigslist, offer up or facebook marketplace locally. List them as a collectible and price them to move. You may get a buyer if someone can check them out or you have a presence on other types of forums. I traded a bunch of cigars for ammo once lol. Just be sure to state only 18+ and if anyone looks young then ask for ID.

Folks will be apprehensive round here, your son may have stored them in a sock-drawer-a-dor for all we know (some of the old banter bros may get the reference lol). You could also not have a son and be a scammer. Good luck on your objective. Your son made the right decision if the story is true. Smart move.

Good day

Seagarlover!

Wondered what happened to him.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • GaryElmerGaryElmer Posts: 16
    edited June 2023

I've moved along, but I still have all the sh_itty cigars nobody on this forum likes.

Maybe I'll pass them out to the homeless folks I see around here in Huntington Beach. I got them for free so why not?

Have a nice day!