January 2024 Lottery Sign-Up Thread
I like to start the signups for the next month's lottery around mid-month, I aim to post a new thread on the Ides of the month. Here's what Wikipedia says about the ides of December: the Nones of December was the 5th, and the Ides the 13th. The last day of December was the pridie Kalendas Ianuarias, "day before the Januarian Kalends". Roman counting was inclusive; December 9 was ante diem V Idūs Decembrīs, "the 5th day before the Ides of December," usually abbreviated a.d. V Id. Looks like I missed it by that much this month.
It's time to sign up for the CCOM Lottery again. If your on the Good Trader's List, here's your chance. January is almost on us, which brings exciting things like National Step in a Puddle and Splash Your Friend Day, International Kiss A Ginger Day, and @Hawks favorite National Thank God it's Monday Day. It's that time once again to ante up for the Monthly Lotto and help ring in the new year as another year comes to a close. Who's in?
~ Play only if you're willing to win this thing. Even though the draw is random, you may end up winning multiple lotteries. ~
Here's the standard boilerplate:
- One entry per person; ante is five cigars.
- You should be on the good trader's list--If you haven't officially "made the list" then let me know and we'll see if you can't get someone to vouch for you.
- If you want in, type "In" or something similar. I'll periodically update the list so if you think you are in and you're not on the list, make sure I know.
- I'm not as sharp as I used to be so if you post a witty follow-up after you've already entered for the Lottery I may slip up and add you to the list twice. Just let me know and I'll fix the list.
- I'll draw at the beginning of the month. You'll need to get a box out to the winner sometime the first few weeks of the month so if you're going to be gone then and won't be able to send them out, make sure you include that information in your first post. Obviously, some of you will have plans and may have to send later than normal. That's no problem - just communicate with the winner.
- If you win, you need to make sure you post pictures of your winnings in the winner thread so we can track that you received everything. Try to identify who sent you the cigars with their forum name so I can check them off the list.
- You have to play for yourself. If you want to bomb someone else after you received you winnings, that's up to you but they all come to you.
- If you don't pay, then you can't play again (that and you'll likely be publicly shamed.)
- When someone wins, check their bio and if you have something you know they like then try to send that. Otherwise, send what you like and tell them why you like it.
- I try to do the drawing live on the Zoom vHerf so that I can get some witnesses and we can celebrate the winner and console those who have yet to win.(have a good laugh at the outcome)
- Have fun
Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )