It's Amazing That People Actually Believe....
* That the Social Security taxes they pay are actually put into a trust fund ... an account with their name on it from which they will later draw their retirement benefits.
* That their employer actually "matches" what the government calls their "contribution" to their very own personal Social Security trust fund.
* That the founders of this nation actually wanted a system where the majority of people would decide what was and what was not to be ... with no provision for a firm set of laws that could not be breached by majority rule.
* That your average homeless bum on the streets would be enjoying a life of plenty if he had just been lucky like people with actual homes and jobs and stuff
* That it is the goal of schools owned, operated and staffed by the government to take our children and teach them to be self-sufficient so that they will not have to rely on government and politicians so much.
* That the Democrats are pushing for a health reform law because they are actually
concerned about the quality, affordability and availability of health care in this country.
* That when the colonies got together and formed a federation to provide for a common defense and to oversee certain relationships between the governments and the people of the several states, it was intended for 95% of all governance to pack up and move to Washington DC.
* That our founding fathers contrived and envisioned a system where the federal government could seize money from the people of a state, and then promise to give that money back, but only if the state would pass some specific laws pleasing to the federal government.
* That there is a Constitutional right to vote in a federal election. (Well, I guess I can understand why so many people believe this; after all, this is what they're taught in the government schools.)
* That when the majority of voters figure out that they can use the ballot box to take property away from their fellow Americans, nothing bad will happen.
* That changes in the intensity of solar activity couldn't possibly have anything to do with the heating and cooling cycles we experience here on earth.
* That the evil rich don't, in fact, already pay much more than their "fair share" of all taxes, whatever that might be
No .. it isn't that these people are stupid. Stupid means you CAN'T learn. These people just HAVEN'T learned. That's ignorance.