Home Non Cigar Related
Options

It's Amazing That People Actually Believe....

2»

Comments

• Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Krieg:
    bibby:
    kuzi16:
    this is something that the states should take care of. it is not a federal matter. (the tenth amendment comes to mind ("The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people"))
    Probably my biggest personal grip with the government lately; doing too much. They make up the ability to control things that they were not explicitly given the right to control. Great point Kuzi!
    Exactly, so if the Imperial Federal Govt is supposed to be limited by the Constitution, who or what enforces the Constitution on the US Government? IMO, politicians really could care less about the Constitution, it is seen more often as an obstacle rather than our framework.
    i thought it was supposed to be the military? im not in the armed forces nor have i ever been. can anyone give me more info on the oath to uphold the constitution? isnt there a line in that oath about enemies external and internal?
    Kuzi is correct. There is an oath that all of us take when we are "sworn in" to the military. The line he is refering to is: "I swear to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America against enemies both foreign and domestic."
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    ejenne87:
    kuzi16:
    Krieg:
    bibby:
    kuzi16:
    this is something that the states should take care of. it is not a federal matter. (the tenth amendment comes to mind ("The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people"))
    Probably my biggest personal grip with the government lately; doing too much. They make up the ability to control things that they were not explicitly given the right to control. Great point Kuzi!
    Exactly, so if the Imperial Federal Govt is supposed to be limited by the Constitution, who or what enforces the Constitution on the US Government? IMO, politicians really could care less about the Constitution, it is seen more often as an obstacle rather than our framework.
    i thought it was supposed to be the military? im not in the armed forces nor have i ever been. can anyone give me more info on the oath to uphold the constitution? isnt there a line in that oath about enemies external and internal?
    Kuzi is correct. There is an oath that all of us take when we are "sworn in" to the military. The line he is refering to is: "I swear to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America against enemies both foreign and domestic."
    Of course if you tried to uphold the latter part, you'd probably be arrested for treason.