Home General Discussion
Options

USPS vs. UPS

Comments

• Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    UPS= Sucks. They have had my MOW's for 6 days now! It is flipping me off.
  • Options
    Cooper33Cooper33 Posts: 168
    fla-gypsy:
    UPS= Sucks. They have had my MOW's for 6 days now! It is flipping me off.
    Mine to big guy, technically 7 though. To top it off my smokes are sitting in Mississippi...I just know they are going to absorb some of that cesspool flavor.
  • Options
    On all the orders I have placed over the years, UPS has always been great.  I recently placed an order (on the 9th) that had to be shipped by USPS... and it still hasn't arrived! Thanks Tim for shipping a replacement... it was shipped UPS and arrived a few days later!
  • Options
    timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭

smcentee

I am so sorry the original lighter hasn't arrived.  I am speechless and disappointed.  All I can offer is my condolences and a promise - contact me anytime you order and this will never happen again.

Paypal can only be done on the web, but give us a call after you place the order and we can change the shipping to USPS.  9 times out of 10 we can catch it and make the change.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys personally.  Email / phone / smoke signals, whatever is easiest for you!

• Options
    Cooper33Cooper33 Posts: 168
    It's not really your blame at all TimB, I've ordered butane and lighters from other sites before, and it takes about a month to get to me. I don't really find it fair to blame the retailer for policies set by the government. The bad part is the not knowing if somehow your purchase has been lost in the mail, delivered at the wrong address etc. It's not a fun situation at all for seller or consumer.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Usually takes 3-5 days for me either way. I got two CCOM orders today. One UPS. One USPS.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    phobicsquirrel:
    UPS can suck it as far as I'm concerned. I love the drivers they do their best but I've run into so many issues with their service. Though packages usually get here but the people on the phone are such Aholes... I won't do business with a company like that. Yeah I know, everyone has people that are Aholes, but I've called them on multiple occasions with the same effect. No one seems to help, even a manager, supervisor and writing to them. USPS has always come through, braved the snow last year to deliver my package, delivered something this Xmas day. FEDex and UPS really are far inferior.
    USPS works Christmas day? WOW
    for packages they do, have for years. it may just be for certain ones though.
  • Options
    It is OK Tim.  The replacement you sent was equally lovely and it DID arrive within just a few days.  Thanks for the great customer service recovery!  I will call you personally for my next order... and there will be a next one!  Thanks again.

Happy New Year to all- stay safe.
  • Options
    beardedcanadianbeardedcanadian Posts: 86 ✭✭

I am for USPS...two days including the one I order and it is in my mailbox or on my doorstep. UPS...well not so much. It sits at their holding location ten miles away for at least two days...not including the two days it takes to get there....I didn't know I had a choice on how CCOM ships, if i do, from now on, USPS all the way.

Greg
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    KCW:
    Usually takes 3-5 days for me either way. I got two CCOM orders today. One UPS. One USPS.
    So which did you order first? Cause I doubt if you made two separate orders on the same day and just requested different shipping methods did you? LOL
  • Options
    Thanks, Tim.

I suspect that, after this much time, the lighter is MIA.  I am very happy with the replacement lighter you sent, though!  If it ever does show up, I will let you know!

Happy 2010!
  • Options
    beardedcanadian:

I am for USPS...two days including the one I order and it is in my mailbox or on my doorstep. UPS...well not so much. It sits at their holding location ten miles away for at least two days...not including the two days it takes to get there....I didn't know I had a choice on how CCOM ships, if i do, from now on, USPS all the way.

Greg

One other good thing about USPS, they deliver on Saturday as well, UPS keeps it under lock and key until Monday. What really bugs me about UPS is the fact that even if something arrives at the distribution center they will keep it a day or two, only because you didn't pick the fastest type of shipping. They do this in order to get people to pay for the more expensive shipping...USPS, they don't care, they bring it...in the words of Jamie Presley..."Oh, its be un broughtin"

• Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    beardedcanadian:

What really bugs me about UPS is the fact that even if something arrives at the distribution center they will keep it a day or two, only because you didn't pick the fastest type of shipping. They do this in order to get people to pay for the more expensive shipping

I will never use UPS again.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Here's a good example of why I like USPS. I had a package ship out last Moday via UPS Basic, it's scheduled to be delivered Tuesday...that's 8 days total. I had another package ship via USPS Priority on Thursday, it will be in my hands tomorrow. Both shipped from the same place. Kind of a no-brainer if you ask me.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Here's a good example of why I like USPS. I had a package ship out last Moday via UPS Basic, it's scheduled to be delivered Tuesday...that's 8 days total. I had another package ship via USPS Priority on Thursday, it will be in my hands tomorrow. Both shipped from the same place. Kind of a no-brainer if you ask me.

Here is an example of why I hate UPS.

SHREWSBURY, MA, US 12/30/2009 3:24 P.M. DESTINATION SCAN (distribution center)
    12/30/2009 11:49 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN (distribution center)
    It arrived at the Warehouse/Distribution center (which is ten minutes from my house) and has been sitting there since. I understand that New Years was in there but come on. I even called on the 30th to see if I could pick it up and was told that is was already on the truck to be delivered on the 31st. Nothing came...so for sure I thought it would be marked out for delivery today..nope.

UPS bites A$$!!

• Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Instead of starting a new one, I thought I'd bring this back to life. I live about a 6 hour drive from the warehouse in eastern Ohio. Shipping would always take 2 days with UPS and 3-4 days with USPS and it would drive my nuts to the point that I would always ordered more stick than needed just to make sure the box was big enough that they would not be able to ship USPS. Starting about 4 months ago, the times have swapped. USPS takes 2 days (once it came the next day) and UPS is taking 4 days. Once it took 5. UPS used to ship it out from the warehouse and make a stop around Pittsburgh and then up to NE Ohio. The last package stopped twice in PA, then southern OH, then Columbus, OH, the Toledo, OH then back to NE Ohio. Not sure what kind of logistics is going on but it is now causing me to request USPS when I call an order in. Anyone having the same problem?
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Never had a damaged box from USPS compared to UPS
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    On the west coast it's USPS for the win! They always get here in 2-3 days in good shape. UPS is 6-10 days and I've had a few damaged boxes. I'm not a UPS fan.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I am just south of Duder and I agree that UPS seems to take forever. I did have 2 problems with USPS this week though, first they shipped one of my packages North to Lynnwood instead of delivering it that day I had to wait 1 more day.
    Today (well Wednesday before Thanksgiving) I had 3 cigar orders coming in and they decided not to deliver to the door because the driver didn't want to walk up my driveway (snow/ice) according to the post office, so I have to pick them up Friday morning from the post office myself.
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    I have now been waiting 10 days for my order. Detailed Results: Processed through Sort Facility, November 15, 2010, 8:22 pm, PHILADELPHIA, PA 19116 Shipment Accepted, November 15, 2010, 5:30 pm, LEHIGH VALLEY, PA 18002 Electronic Shipping Info Received, November 15, 2010
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    Royal mail works for me :p
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    OK, I can't figure this one out. C.Com shipped my last order UPS. Tracking indicated that it arrived at my local UPS center at 4:23 a.m., and was scanned for destination at 6:26 a.m. So I'm thinking 'sweet, this will be in my hands this afternoon.'

Next tracking update stated "2:05 p.m Package transferred to post office". WTF?!?!

UPS delivers packages to the USPS so they can then deliver it to my house???? I had no clue they did this. And more importantly....WHY?!?!

I'm so pissed right now because I'm going out of town in the morning and my package will be sitting that much longer before it gets put in my humi.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Heavy:
    OK, I can't figure this one out. C.Com shipped my last order UPS. Tracking indicated that it arrived at my local UPS center at 4:23 a.m., and was scanned for destination at 6:26 a.m. So I'm thinking 'sweet, this will be in my hands this afternoon.'

Next tracking update stated "2:05 p.m Package transferred to post office". WTF?!?!

UPS delivers packages to the USPS so they can then deliver it to my house???? I had no clue they did this. And more importantly....WHY?!?!

I'm so pissed right now because I'm going out of town in the morning and my package will be sitting that much longer before it gets put in my humi.
    They do it with mine too; I've started asking Ccom to ship my packages via USPS. As an example of how much bullshit this can lead to, this is what happened with a recent package of mine:

- Tampa, FL, United States 05/25/2012 - Package delivered by local post office
    - Tampa, FL, United States 05/23/2012 - Post office attempted delivery and left a delivery notice at the location.
    - Tampa, FL, United States 05/23/2012 - Received by the local post office
    - Tampa, FL, United States 05/21/2012 - Received by the local post office
    - Tampa, FL, United States 05/18/2012 - Package is out for delivery with the USPS
    - Tampa, FL, United States 05/18/2012 - Received by the local post office
    - Tampa, FL, United States 05/17/2012 - Package transferred to post office

It took a F*CKING WEEK after it arrived in Tampa to get to my door because of the transfer.

• Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    they did the same thing to me today...it is supposedly to save money but it screws everything up.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first few paragraphs of this article explain it pretty well I think... CLICK CLICK

The "smart post" shipping options definitely suck and take a little more time but I understand why it can save $$ for the shipper

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    xmarco - that's f***'ed up. I'm bracing myself in case I see somthing similar through next week lol

jgibv - thanks for the info. I had no idea that this was a 'thing'. Well, I hope the USPS is at least making enough dough off of this to help keep some jobs.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I read somewhere that this happens with packages that weight less than a certain weight. If you just get a 5 or 10 pack, it'll get dropped at USPS. If it a larger order, or box of cigars, UPS will carry it all the way.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    beatnic:
    I read somewhere that this happens with packages that weight less than a certain weight. If you just get a 5 or 10 pack, it'll get dropped at USPS. If it a larger order, or box of cigars, UPS will carry it all the way.
    Last order I put in for for 2 Don Pepin pipes, I asked the Beard to use USPS; he did, and they arrived today, after being ordered on Wednesday
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    xmacro:
    beatnic:
    Last order I put in for for 2 Don Pepin pipes, I asked the Beard to use USPS; he did, and they arrived today, after being ordered on Wednesday
    Don't you just love beard-mail!
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    I am happy with USPS services though I am frustrated with the tracking system. They rarely update the information. However, can't complain because I am a DPO user.